No announcement yet.

Taking away opponent's jab.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    Freaking great minds think alike. This was the exact fight that popped into my mind when I read the thread title. Williams counters jabs as well as anyone in the game right now.

Haha my man. I've been high on Williams for a while. Love his approach to the sport and I believe he is the best LMW that Haymon has after Lara. Was doing a good job on Centeno before he basically quit.

All were within a minute of the first round. Picked up the timing and range straight away.

Comment

Watch Floyd and Pacman for current examples

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
        KOvalev destroyed HOpkins with a jab.
        Jesus man he is 50

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
          Pavlik vs B-Hop
          "Double the ****ing jab"

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            Mayweather taking away De La Hoya's jab is an obvious answer.
            No it isn't. Oscar abandoned his jab early, and not because of counters or damage. Not the same thing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              No it isn't. Oscar abandoned his jab early, and not because of counters or damage. Not the same thing at all.
              Looooool. "Abandoned the jab". People don't just do that.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                Looooool. "Abandoned the jab". People don't just do that.
                He did. Oscar pulled his typical fade job as the fight went on, the punch output slowed down, and though Floyd never established anything that troubled the De La Hoya jab he was able to potshot a gassing, plodding DLH to eek out the win. Make no mistake though, Floyd was having problems with that jab and did not take it away.

The best quasi-recent example imo is Ward vs Froch. Froch's jab(typically one of his best punches) was basically nothing but counter fodder for Ward.

Comment

Five or six ago I remember Eddie Chambers taking away Dimitrnko's jab even though he was like half a foot taller 50 lbs heavier. Dimi tried pawing with the jab and Chambers hit him with a left hook to the bicep. Totally demoralized him.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                    What were some fights where a fighter took away his opponent's jab?

I'm primarily looking for fights where a fighter kept countering his opponent's jab.
                    Watch some of Floyds fights he takes it away by controlling the distance, you can crowd the jab a little or make it reach, its much easier to counter jabs that are not quite right while its very hard to counter jabs that are spot on crackers , distance control is a powerful weapon against most shots .

Comment

Originally posted by HitBattousai View Post
                      He did. Oscar pulled his typical fade job as the fight went on, the punch output slowed down, and though Floyd never established anything that troubled the De La Hoya jab he was able to potshot a gassing, plodding DLH to eek out the win. Make no mistake though, Floyd was having problems with that jab and did not take it away.
                      The punch output somehow always manages to drop significantly when boxers face Floyd. It never actually has anything to do with what he does in the ring. Yeah, right.

Comment

Working...
                      X