• Show
Clear All

Complete farce

Obviously British fans will fall for it

The offer is ridiculous

A split is fair

This is not

Comment

How is it Eddie fooling people. Both he and quigg have said if they offer the same deal, they can promote it.
      Quigg goes to Ireland and gets 1.5m from them, and they fight for whichever belt is available by the bodies.

If they can't match the offer by match room, then that means financially it's the best deal they will get. If they think they can promote it and get more money through itv, offer the cash to quigg and it gets done.

Comment

Match room want. 60/40 split for the winner.

They can't agree on that. Why? Because frampton, has more fans so they want a better share or a standard 50/50.
        Considering it will be sky and by association match room, doing most of the legwork being it'll be on the sky network, why should it be 50/50?

Comment

Go ahead and let them fight but winner must fight Rigondeaux...NO FUKING EXCUSES!

Comment

Originally posted by WiganScott View Post
            How is it Eddie fooling people. Both he and quigg have said if they offer the same deal, they can promote it.
            Quigg goes to Ireland and gets 1.5m from them, and they fight for whichever belt is available by the bodies.

If they can't match the offer by match room, then that means financially it's the best deal they will get. If they think they can promote it and get more money through itv, offer the cash to quigg and it gets done.
            You are being brainwashed

Does frampton have an itv deal?

What leg work?

What do promoters do other than negotiate with a network? And Hearn has ties with sky sports.

Same offer? You mean they want framptons promoter to offer 1.5 million to Quigg? How does that make any sense? Hearns selling point of this deal to frampton is that frampton , as the A side, is guaranteed and Quigg might not make as much.

As I said, you are being brainwashed and fooled

Comment

Posturing was the perfect word to use

Comment

this is wack

Comment

Hearn seems like a real asshole lol. I really hope this match-up happens. Cyclone Promotions is miniscule compared to Matchroom, so I understand the urgency to promote/co-promote this bout.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 04-07-2015, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I said itv because that's who cyclone want to deal with, they hope to have the fight on itv and get their revenue stream through that.

It's going to sell around the same wherever it's held, realistically More so in Manchester due to the arena size. Then out of the two possible options, itv and boxoffice, you are going to make more money on sky.

As a result, sky will want to build it. They'd have to promote it, get them on ringside, sky sports news, maybe do a boxing special. What Will cyclone do, and what can they do?

I don't see itv putting loads of money on the table to air this fight, they'll not do a lot to promote it, other than the odd advert here and there. Granted, it would get a lot more casual watchers, so from an exposure perspective, that's good. However, he already sells out at home, he's a world champion and top 3 or 4 in his division, with a good money offer on the table.

I appreciate they want to grow the promotion, so want more involvement, but don't let that getin the way of the fight.

Comment

I will also just add to this that i'm not pretending matchroom don't know what they are doing, or tat they aren't even playing some kind of game, doing this publicly, but it's obvious for whatever reason the negotiations aren't going well.

Whenever eddie or scott are asked, they say it's stalled, or a very vague, not great, we'll see how things progress etc. As for carl and cyclone, they have zero media exposure and we never get their side of the story.

But, 1.5m and a title shot seems like a decent offer. For arguments sake, if they believe they are being massively undercut and the fight could make 8m for example. Then why not offer quigg the exact same deal, give him 1.5, frampton gets a % cut of the 8m total. Quigg said he would accept it.

Comment

Working...
                      X