Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just How Famous Is Amir In The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was our 1 man boxing team at the Athens Olympics and at 17 as well.

We make knights out of people who do well at **** events like the 5,000 metres at the Olympics.

I would say 90% of people know who he is but obviously most don't follow his career so he is obviously not our Pacquiao - he doesn't have that sort of status at all.

He is just a very well known sportsman.

Comment

pretty much everyone in uk knows who amir khan is because of the exposure he got during the olympics and his first 10-15 fights were televised on regular tv and marketed as a family event.

kell brook is starting to get a little exposure now but he is no where near as famous as amir

Comment

Khan is in the top 10 most well-known celebrities in the UK due to the fact that he had a "hero story" in the olympics when, at 17 years old, he was the only boxer in the entire country who qualified to compete and the only boxer to represent the entire country at the games in any weight division! On top of that he won a silver medal, losing only a very close fight to the gold medalist, who he then beat months later in an immediate rematch after the games were concluded. In other words Khan is the original gangsta so bow down and respect the king.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Khan is in the top 10 most well-known celebrities in the UK due to the fact that he had a "hero story" in the olympics when, at 17 years old, he was the only boxer in the entire country who qualified to compete and the only boxer to represent the entire country at the games in any weight division! On top of that he won a silver medal, losing only a very close fight to the gold medalist, who he then beat months later in an immediate rematch after the games were concluded. In other words Khan is the original gangsta so bow down and respect the king.
          top ten? that big? i mean, don't you guys have a bunch of actors and actresses in hollywood? and a lot of musicans too

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            top ten? that big? i mean, don't you guys have a bunch of actors and actresses in hollywood? and a lot of musicans too
            i mean sports celebrities (athletes) not necessarily including actors/musicians/presenters etc.. but even if you include them, I would bet if you conducted a survey on the street out of 100 people and showed khan's picture of him in the ring, he would be recognized by name by vast majority of surveyed people, and more than a lot of actors would be recognized (by name).. so it is possible he's in the overall top ten, everyone included.

Comment

He's a household name over here, a legitimate celebrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                He was our 1 man boxing team at the Athens Olympics and at 17 as well.

We make knights out of people who do well at **** events like the 5,000 metres at the Olympics.

I would say 90% of people know who he is but obviously most don't follow his career so he is obviously not our Pacquiao - he doesn't have that sort of status at all.

He is just a very well known sportsman.

Well known sounds about right. He receives a fair amount of coverage from the media, both sporting and when he's cheating on his wife and flopping his c*ck out on Skype.

But regardless of all the coverage and hype, he's never been able to sell tickets and PPV's the way Hatton, Haye and even Froch have.

Comment

Just like most people know Mayweather in the US, most people know who Khan is in the UK.

Most people still don't know Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    Just like most people know Mayweather in the US, most people know who Khan is in the UK.

Most people still don't know Froch.

Good ****ing grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stokes View Post
                      Well known sounds about right. He receives a fair amount of coverage from the media, both sporting and when he's cheating on his wife and flopping his c*ck out on Skype.

But regardless of all the coverage and hype, he's never been able to sell tickets and PPV's the way Hatton, Haye and even Froch have.
                      He did sell 18,000 against someone like Paul McCloskey of all and 10,000 vs someone like Michael Gomez. If he brought guys like Judah or Collazo then I can only imagine. I'd say he is up there with Froch and Haye.

Hatton is just on an another level stardom wise. A one of a kind bracket.

Comment

Working...
                      X