Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't call Broner cherry picker???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 23 years old and jumping into the 135 Division and taking on the #1 Guy...He don't get labeled that because he is not one...Yet At Least!

Only reason why we are stuck with this Gavin Rees fight is because Ricky Burns is afraid of Broner, even if he was to some how defeat Vazquez I have a feeling he will find another way out of fight Broner AGAIN and hold out to that WBO and IBF Title as long as he can

So it is way too early to label Broner a "CHERRY PICKER" when he doesn't really have any good Cherry's to Pick From in his Division is not that great

You want to label someone a Cherry Pick...How about Canelo, entire 154 Division want to fight the guy but he has been fighting Smaller Guys instead....NOT THAT IS CHERRY PICKING!

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
      At 23 years old and jumping into the 135 Division and taking on the #1 Guy...He don't get labeled that because he is not one...Yet At Least!

Only reason why we are stuck with this Gavin Rees fight is because Ricky Burns is afraid of Broner, even if he was to some how defeat Vazquez I have a feeling he will find another way out of fight Broner AGAIN and hold out to that WBO and IBF Title as long as he can

So it is way too early to label Broner a "CHERRY PICKER" when he doesn't really have any good Cherry's to Pick From in his Division is not that great

You want to label someone a Cherry Pick...How about Canelo, entire 154 Division want to fight the guy but he has been fighting Smaller Guys instead....NOT THAT IS CHERRY PICKING!
      Preach!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There are many many negative things I can call Broner, but a cherry picker I cannot...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
          Broner is popular, he talks about Marquez, Guerrero, Pacquiao. But fight against Rees. Who is Rees???
          he just outclassed the best fighter in the division in his first fight at the weight, then he went after the number 2 fighter at the weight who wanted no part of him. so he settled for a former world champion ranked #6 by the ring at 135 lbs.

ppl need to cut broner some slack, everyone has fights against less than stellar opposition now and then. taking that into consideration rees isnt nearly as bad an opponent as ppl make him out to be.

he tried to fight burns but he decided to fight vasquez instead taking the two best fights for broner on the shelf for now. if you look at the rest of the division (abril being occupied too) rees is about as good as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I don't know why he's calling out WW's while he's still at LW to be honest.

But in his defense, he just fought the #1 LW and tried to fight Ricky Burns.

But his stay at 130 was one big cherry pick so it's a bit of both.
            This is true BUT can you really hold that against him if he's looking to clean out the division and leave nothing behind?

Right now everyone thinks he should move up however I have a feeling down the road people will say he ducked out when the division got hot. IMO he should fight Burns in May on the May Guerrero undercard. Once he does that, move up to 140 come September on the Mayweather Alvarez undercard.

Comment

Working...
            X