Thanks to Pac, Floyd is forced to fight an elite Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jboy View Post
    Thanks to Pac, Floyd is forced to fight an elite Welterweight
    Mosley is not an elite. Not to my standard. I don't even care who Floyd fights at this point. Believe me this guy's mind is set on retirement. It's ridiculous to assume that he will now fight the elites he once ducked. Who are we kidding? PB doesn't give a rat's ass what fans think.

He should have taken Pac on March 13 and dealt with his fears. Then retire win or lose.

Comment

despite his age, Mosley is THE champ at 147. no one can deny that

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
        Mosley is not an elite. Not to my standard. I don't even care who Floyd fights at this point. Believe me this guy's mind is set on retirement. It's ridiculous to assume that he will now fight the elites he once ducked. Who are we kidding? PB doesn't give a rat's ass what fans think.

He should have taken Pac on March 13 and dealt with his fears. Then retire win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
          mosley ain't elite. floyd taxes that ass easily......

i got ALL my points on this one....let's see which one of you **** talkers actually step up
          Many elite fighters are deterred by ordinary fighters...such as Buster Douglas whipping Mike Tyson. And so even if your assessment that Mosley isn't an "elite" fighter as purely an inaccurate statement, I don't see this as a cakewalk for Mayweather.

Mayweather as a master of defense is obvious but anything can happen...

Comment

How can I ever forget that disappointed look in his face (Mosley's) when they're about to announce the winner of the Dela Hoya vs Mosley rematch? He knew he lost the fight. Stupid judges didn't even decide a draw. Mosley was the most surprised dude when the winner was finally announced. I could still hear the booing to this day. And to think that he (Mosley) beg for the fight at a time when he was a nobody. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
              He was the one who was proven to have taken illegal stuffs....not allegations, but proven. Mosley, in the light of the events now....would love to prove again that he is clean.

Pacquiao has nothing to prove because of someone's allegations with no proof while having questionable background.

Pacquiao, just like Mayweather is just a boxer and cannot enforce any policies on anyone. But both can agree to a contract to fight or decline. The name of the game is "catch me while on top" is what the ego of both fighters are trying to "enforce"...

If anything, Pacquiao isn't the right person to "accuse" of anyone ducking...he has methodically met anyone in his way from the bottom and 7 weight divisions heavier. Mosley being "ducked" by Pacquiao is just another blatant accusation if anything.

Timing is the issue here. That can be said most specially with Mayweather "ducking" Mosley forever and now has to fight him in the eyes of the people.
              You seem to be a reasonable guy...

Yeah, but it was by his own admission... he was never tested positive another proof of why the testing system sucks a$$ if you will.

The truth is it even can backfire on Floyd. I know nobody thinks it's possible but we once had a great trainer in germany (soccer) and he was accused by someone else (a manager of another team) that he took cocaine. He said no, he never did that and agreed to a hair test to prove that he is innocent... his hair was so decisive that it was clear he has taken cocaine... of course it would be pretty foolish to want a test that proves you are on something but things can happen... as this should show you...

Hey, that's what I said... I have no problem with Pacquiao not taking the test... he ain't has to... it was a demand from Floyd and ok... the fight is off but then don't tell me May ducked Pacquiao... Pacquiao ain't signed the contract either or? If Pacquiao would have agreed to, which he doesn't have to, we would have a fight... that's all I'm saying.

I never said that Pacquiao ducked Mosley... I in general don't like to use the word ducking, coward, *****, chicken or whatever... it's not my way... if I use it it is usually only because a guy came up with wrong facts... I turn it around and use the same words as him.

I'm not the most ppl... I don't think he has ever ducked him and to tell you the truth... the fight now is bigger then ever... so it was smart business I might add... in 99 the fight wouldn't have been that big... even in 2006 the fight wouldn't have been big... Mosley is coming from a career win... let's face it since 2003, after beating DLH he did ****... he beat an over the hill Vargas, he beat Collazo (ok), he lost to Cotto and beat an amateur in Mayorga and didn't even look good doing so... Margarito was his first win against a prime and considered good fighter in 5 years... the fight never was bigger... perfect timing if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by jkaisen41 View Post
                You seem to be a reasonable guy...

Yeah, but it was by his own admission... he was never tested positive another proof of why the testing system sucks a$$ if you will.

The truth is it even can backfire on Floyd. I know nobody thinks it's possible but we once had a great trainer in germany (soccer) and he was accused by someone else (a manager of another team) that he took cocaine. He said no, he never did that and agreed to a hair test to prove that he is innocent... his hair was so decisive that it was clear he has taken cocaine... of course it would be pretty foolish to want a test that proves you are on something but things can happen... as this should show you...

Hey, that's what I said... I have no problem with Pacquiao not taking the test... he ain't has to... it was a demand from Floyd and ok... the fight is off but then don't tell me May ducked Pacquiao... Pacquiao ain't signed the contract either or? If Pacquiao would have agreed to, which he doesn't have to, we would have a fight... that's all I'm saying.

I never said that Pacquiao ducked Mosley... I in general don't like to use the word ducking, coward, *****, chicken or whatever... it's not my way... if I use it it is usually only because a guy came up with wrong facts... I turn it around and use the same words as him.

I'm not the most ppl... I don't think he has ever ducked him and to tell you the truth... the fight now is bigger then ever... so it was smart business I might add... in 99 the fight wouldn't have been that big... even in 2006 the fight wouldn't have been big... Mosley is coming from a career win... let's face it since 2003, after beating DLH he did ****... he beat an over the hill Vargas, he beat Collazo (ok), he lost to Cotto and beat an amateur in Mayorga and didn't even look good doing so... Margarito was his first win against a prime and considered good fighter in 5 years... the fight never was bigger... perfect timing if you ask me
                good post, something different than reading allways nuthugger posts

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
                  good post, something different than reading allways nuthugger posts
                  You know Ted... WE Germans call it str8 down the line *looooooooooooooooool*

Yeah, sometimes I get caught up too and tend to treat every Pacquiao fan the same (because of some serious nutthugging on these forums) but there are also some who are reasonable and you can have an good conversation with about facts and the sport of boxing itself

Comment

Originally posted by King22 View Post
                    LMAO thanks to Pac

Yes Pacquiao thank you for ducking Floyd without you non of this would be possible
                    oh ****!!

Comment

Originally posted by jboy View Post
                      after 5 ****ing years!
                      so pac isnt an elite WW?

Comment

Working...
                      X