No announcement yet.

Luke's Log (Part II)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke's Log (Part II)

Hey, I'm ready to kick ass again this year. I've lost muscle and gained fat since September when I was last really working out... but I'm not too bad. But I know my lifts and cardio are gonna be TOTAL **** to begin with. I'm going to get ym gym membership tonight at a really good gym with everything I need, and my diet started today. Tonight I'll probably just be tkaing the tour of the place and checking out everything they have to offer, then tomorrow or Wednesday I'll post my exact routine. Right now I'm thinking along the lines of...

MONDAY
    Skip
    Weights
    Shadow Box
    Run
    Abs

TUESDAY
    Skip
    Plyometrics
    Abs
    Run

WEDNESDAY
    Plyometrics
    Weights
    Abs
    Shadow Box

THURSDAY
    Skip
    Run
    Abs

FRIDAY
    Plyometrics
    Weights
    Abs

SATURDAY
    Skip
    Run
    Shadow Box

SUNDAY
    Shadow Box
    Abs

Like I said I'll be more exact in a couple days of what exactly my weights, runs, plyometrics, etc... consist of. My before pics should be up on the forum by Friday

OK, so got the membership on Monday, Tuesday I found out I am 177 pounds. I ran 20 minutes, only 3 ****in k's, I'm so out of shape... then I just checked out and tried some machines and did a few exercises. Yesterday I worked so I just ran 4.5 k's in half an hour before that. Tonight I plan on checking out a lot more of the machines and doing some freeweights, then doing maybe another half hour run. Oh, and abs too.

Comment

Wow I totally forgot about this thread... probably cause I don't post much anymore.

Anyways, Had a big like 3 week break or so during exams at the end of January and beginning of Febuary but now I'm in the middle of my second heavy week back at the gym. It's going good, not much to say really. When I have some results I'll post em.

Comment

good deal.

welcome back

Comment

K I think I'll start posting everything I do now.

Tonight was a light night, hurting from yesterday's Chest/Bi and cardio. Just did 3 sets 10 push ups, 2 sets 8 wide push ups, and a 10 minute ab workout. As you can see push ups are not my specialty...

Last night I did:

45 Minutes on exercise bike

4 Sets Bench Press (8*95, 6*105, 4*115, 6*105) **This needs serious work, I used to do much more last year.

4 Sets Concentration Curls (8*20, 6*25, 4*25, 6*20) **OK, lets just say everything needs work :cuss:

4 Sets Chest Press Machine (8*135, 6*150, 4*165, 8*150)

4 Sets Preacher Curls (8 reps of I think 45... don't know.)

4 Sets Dumbell Flies (8*20, 6*25, 4*25, 6*20) **This is where I started to give out, definitely need to improve my muscular endurance.

2 Sets Curl Machine (6 of 65)

At this point my arms could take no more and I did my 10 minute ab thing and called it quits for the night.

Tomorrow I plan on doing shoulders and legs. I wanna start doing squats as I haven't done them since like 2+ years ago... should be good times. Also I wanna run, but I might be forced to the bike if I'm already working out my legs tomorrow night. When the weather warms up here I can start doing my cardio outside on opposite days from my weight training, but for now I have to do it at the gym and I can't afford to take the car there every night. If I miss a day posting ignore it, if I miss like 2 or 3 get on my ass on AIM (LukeDothSucketh) and make me post. I appreciate the help.

Comment

K, skipped cardio and abs tonight. Just warmed up and did my shoulders and legs:

4 Sets Dumbell Shoulder Press (8*30, 4*35, 4*35, 5*30) **First time doing this exercise and i lacked stability of arms big time, should improve greatly over the next month as I plan on focusing on it.**

4 Sets Hamstring Curls (8*160, 6*175, 4*190, 8*175)

4 Sets Shoulder Press (8*95, 6*80, 4*80, 6*75) ******ed up here, didn't realize I was doing 10 pounds more each time then I meant to and got frustrated thinking I was ****ting the bed for no reason**

4 Sets Shrugs (10*25, 10*35, 8*40, 10*35)

4 Sets Squats [Smith] (8*70, 8*100, 6*120, 8*100) **This was a first time in a while for squats so I had no idea where to start, and I'll be using the smith till I get good form and move to freeweight squats.**

3 Sets Lateral Raises (8*30, 6*30, 8*30) **Lack of muscular endurance kicked in here, shoulders were cooked.**

4 Sets Leg Press Machine (8*180, 8*200, 6*200, 8*180)

Called it quits at this point, overall enjoyed myseld and felt really good. But now my back hurts. Yar.

Comment

K, Thursday and Friday I was busy, so I went yesterday, Back and Tri's. No time for cardio cause I had to pick up my sister from work.

4 Sets Cable Tri Extensions (9*40, 9*30, 16*20, 26*10)

4 Sets Dumbell Rows (8*30, 6*40, 4*50, 8*35)

4 Sets Lying Tricep Extensions (8*30, 6*35, 4*35, 8*30)

4 Sets Deadlifts (6*135, 6*135, 5*135, 8*115)

4 Sets Tri Extension Machine (Don't remember what the weights were, this machine ****ing sucked I'm never using it again. I don't know why I bother with machines.)

I really busted up my back doing the deadlifts, I hadn't done them in a long time and was not ready for the stress it put on my back I think I should have warmed up easier. This halted me half way through my ab workout cause of the back pain.

Should be back at the gym on Monday. Need to start doing lots of cardio I keep *****ing out on it.

Comment

Wow, my back is ****ing killing me. My mom's a physiotherapist, hopefully she can help me with that.

Anyways, here was the result of tonight: Legs & Biceps

4 Sets of Smith Squats (8*135, 6*155, 4*165, 8*145)

4 Sets of Preacher Curls (8*40, 6*50, 4*55, 8*40)

4 Sets of Hamstring Curls (8*90, 6*105, 3*120, 8*90)

4 Sets of Concentration Curls (8*20, 5*25, 6*20, 6*20)

4 Sets of Seated Leg Press (8*180, 6*200, 4*220, 8*200)

4 Sets of Standing Barbell Curls (8*40, 6*45, 4*50)

Then I did a 15 minute jog, and my ab workout which is 10 minutes give or take. I really need to do some workouts at home when I don't go to the gym... We'll work on that tomorrow I hope.

I'm posting a question in another post so I can link it to OT for people to help me...

Comment

Question...

OK, so the thing about cardio training, or so I learned, is that after about 15-20 minutes of cardio you go into your "aerobic training zone" where your heart rate is at a certain level and you begin to start burning fat and improving your overall cardio fitness level. Here's my question: If you are doing your weight routine before your cardio, and your heart rate is already pumped up into the desired "cardio training zone", if you begin to do cardio, do you already begin in your training zone even though you just started doing actual cardio work after an anaerobic workout? Or does it have to be cardio tht brings your heart rate up to the desired zone before you actually receive the benefits of being in the cardio training zone?

Comment

That's a good question. I would think that if your heart rate and oxegen intake is at the rate needed or in the "zone" then you should be able to start. It shouldn't matter what work you do as long as the effects are the same on your cardio.

Comment

Working...
                    X