Canelo vs Jacobs @ 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
    How does that fight go?
    Think Alvarez-Lara, with more two way action, tbh; I doubt that either guy gets stopped, but it'd be a hotly contested fight, edged by whatever the chosen judges prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
      Well I guess since the GGGtards say Canelo can't even beat Jacobs... GGG gets 0 credit if he does fight and beat Canelo. Why isn't GGG trying to test himself? When will he fight a fight that he's not favored in? Why do his fans want to see fights with no hopers if their fighter is some supposed atg taking all the legacy challenges?
      You make it sound like all GGG fans are the same. We are all different. Did you think a fighter like GGG who KOs almost every opponent would somehow not have lots of fans? Why call us GGGtards as if we are all ******ed? You must have a favorite boxer. How you like being called by that boxer's name followed with tard? I am a huge fan of both GGG and Canelo. I pick Canelo to KO Jacobs. I think GGG vs Canelo is an even fight between two great fighters. I favor Canelo slightly because at 26 he continues to improve. GGG at 34 is past prime. The longer it takes for them to fight the more it favors Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
        Well I guess since the GGGtards say Canelo can't even beat Jacobs... GGG gets 0 credit if he does fight and beat Canelo. Why isn't GGG trying to test himself? When will he fight a fight that he's not favored in? Why do his fans want to see fights with no hopers if their fighter is some supposed atg taking all the legacy challenges?
        Very few boxers including all time greats deliberately seek out fights with boxers who are favored to beat them. GGG is always the favorite because he is damn good. He is a middleweight and he never avoided any other middleweight.He just fought the number 2 world ranked middleweight. When were Mayweather, Ward or Thurman ever the underdog. When you are very good you usually are the betting favorite. I understand you hate GGG but why not be fair to him? Why single him out for special abuse? Look at the unranked fighters Lara has fought since losing to Canelo. Lara was a 100 to 1 favorite to win his last title defense. Crawford was a 20 to 1 favorite to win his last fight. When has Wilder not been a huge favorite to win? I read no complaints from you about these boxers and many others who are always big favorites to win because they don't take risks. You just set this unrealistic standard that GGG must live up to. You raise the bar way up there for him. Other boxers can cherry pick all their fights with not a word of criticism from you. Talk bout a double standard! Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
          This^^

and to add to it ,Canelo is like 1cm shorter then GGG and suddenly ,size will major factor
          3.81 cm,just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            You make it sound like all GGG fans are the same. We are all different. Did you think a fighter like GGG who KOs almost every opponent would somehow not have lots of fans? Why call us GGGtards as if we are all ******ed? You must have a favorite boxer. How you like being called by that boxer's name followed with tard? I am a huge fan of both GGG and Canelo. I pick Canelo to KO Jacobs. I think GGG vs Canelo is an even fight between two great fighters. I favor Canelo slightly because at 26 he continues to improve. GGG at 34 is past prime. The longer it takes for them to fight the more it favors Canelo.
            Did I say all GGG fans together or single out the moronic ones by referring to them as GGGtards ? Of course an HBO hype job that's beating cans by KO will have fans lol. I've seen enough of the same type of hype jobs on the same network... like Jeff Lacy. I have my top 5 favorite fighters of my lifetime in my sig genius . I didn't specifically infer that you were ******ed but I guess you've admitted it now though? I've been called a ****** and I'm Caucasian. ***** and other terms were coined for fans of my favorite boxer. I'm not huge a fan of Canelo or GGG. I also feel that Canelo would beat Jacobs although I'm not certain that it would be by KO. I also favor Canelo against GGG.

Comment

Canelo is too gifted a boxer to get beat or outboxed by a wild brawler(First, 2nd and third nature) in Jacobs; like GGG did......
              Last edited by sbbigmike; 03-27-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Canelo is hella short for a middleweight, he's shorter than Floyd.... let that sink in. He's at a major disadvantage in the height and reach department and he's not a gifted seeker in the ring.

He'd have to try and keep it the fight in the centre of the ring. If he can do that then his chances are pretty good cause I rate his skills above Jacobs. If Jacobs can get Canelo to come after him then it's his fight.

Comment

Jacobs wins, possibly by stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Very few boxers including all time greats deliberately seek out fights with boxers who are favored to beat them. GGG is always the favorite because he is damn good. He is a middleweight and he never avoided any other middleweight.He just fought the number 2 world ranked middleweight. When were Mayweather, Ward or Thurman ever the underdog. When you are very good you usually are the betting favorite. I understand you hate GGG but why not be fair to him? Why single him out for special abuse? Look at the unranked fighters Lara has fought since losing to Canelo. Lara was a 100 to 1 favorite to win his last title defense. Crawford was a 20 to 1 favorite to win his last fight. When has Wilder not been a huge favorite to win? I read no complaints from you about these boxers and many others who are always big favorites to win because they don't take risks. You just set this unrealistic standard that GGG must live up to. You raise the bar way up there for him. Other boxers can cherry pick all their fights with not a word of criticism from you. Talk bout a double standard! Wow.
                    You obviously didn't catch the sarcasm from my original post. It was to highlight the hypocrisy and flip flopping of the GGGtard fan base.

I understand that most fighters don't deliberately seek a fight that they aren't favored to win... but the morons on this site beg to differ until it's their favorite fighter aka GGG. Every fight for someone like Floyd Mayweather supposedly should be a challenge with a young, hungry lion, that's a true whatever weight, with speed, power, longer reach, taller, with 0 losses, etc... and when Floyd doesn't they **** on the fight or his resume. Most of the time they hyped up the guys he beat and then **** on Floyd afterwards when they were the clowns that hyped up the guy that lost to him. Their favorite fighter gets to fight cans(below b level) and his step up in class fights have been a damn Welterweight and a B- class fighter and that's fine though. They are fucking hypocrites with double standards. They twist anything to fit their delusional narrative. Don't shit on legit fighters but hype up a damn hype job that has a **** resume and is using fake accolades like interim and regular defenses for a legit title defense record. It's obvious that they held Floyd to a higher standard. So some of us like to use the same standards that they use back on them and their fighters since it's only fair right? Everyone is ducking GGG but that cunt and his team are turning down offers because they're delusional thinking that their fighter brings more revenue to the table than he does. Like when the clown was asked about the Canelo 15mil and he said 50/50. Or when Ward called their bluff on the anyone from 154-168lbs. But everyone is ducking doe. It gets tiring hearing the same moronic shit from the same bunch of douche bags.

GGG is always the favorite because Middleweight is a shit division and he is good(not great, HOF, or ATG but good). I don't think Floyd was ever an underdog except for maybe the Corrales fight. Ward wasn't favored to win the super 6 and Andre Dirrell was favored over him. Who cares about Keef Thurman?

I only single out GGG because he's so ****ing hyped by the same clowns that cut down others that have done WAY MORE in the sport. I use their same standards and hold their fighters to it. I didn't start this **** but I will enjoy being a part of it now that the shoe is on the other foot. GGG fans get scared though because they know deep down that he is nothing but a hype job compared to an ATG. I don't hear any Wilder hype. Lara hype has died since he ran from Canelo. That's why you don't hear me on here shitting on them. You ever hear anyone saying that Lara would knockout every prime ATG at 154lbs? I also recently said that Crawford has fought nobody too lol. You ever hear anyone saying Wilder would knockout Ali, Frazier, Foreman, etc...? But you do hear this dumb shit like GGG KO's Hagler, Prime Roy Jones Jr., Sugar Ray Robinson etc...

You need to check my post history before running off with the mouth like I'm the one using double standards lol.
                    Last edited by Fists_of_Fury; 03-27-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                      If Jacobs fights the same fight he did against Golovkin its an easy UD win for Jacobs.. Canelo can't cut the ring off.. Jacobs has a bigger reach & can stay at distance & box..
                      I don't know one about easy but I do think that if Danny could replicate that performance he would win a clear decision.

The question is can Danny replicate the performance of his life? Would be great if we get to actually see this fight sometime in the next 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X