Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course Kovalev is a better fighter

He's arguably the best in the world

Comment

Kovalev is more complete. Can drop guys on single punches. Faster in the hands, feet, and reflexes. Has proven more.
      Golovkin is excellent at cutting off the ring and using clever combinations to build accumulative damage.
      Neither of them are great at changing gears, but are still around top 5 P4P fighters right now.

Comment

I think they are both great and about equal PFP. Jacobs is a huge middleweight and a damn good boxer puncher. A huge light heavyweight version of Jacobs would give Ward and Kovalev all they could handle. GGG had a bad night and fought a sub par fight. You are implying that GGG never fought better than that in the past and can never fight better than that in the future. Kovalev is great and better than Ward. Still Kovalev has also had a few bad nights and fought a few sub par fights. GGG still has one of the highest KO percentage and one the longest KO streaks in boxing. Just because he failed to KO Jacobs doesn't mean he isn't a great puncher. Kovalev has failed to KO a few guys himself. Kovalev has been knocked down more than once. GGG is still undefeated and has never been knocked down. I rate him very high on my PFP top ten and a tie with Kovalev. I am a big fan of both Kovalev and GGG but I try to be fair to all boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I think they are both great and about equal PFP. Jacobs is a huge middleweight and a damn good boxer puncher. A huge light heavyweight version of Jacobs would give Ward and Kovalev all they could handle. GGG had a bad night and fought a sub par fight. You are implying that GGG never fought better than that in the past and can never fight better than that in the future. Kovalev is great and better than Ward. Still Kovalev has also had a few bad nights and fought a few sub par fights. GGG still has one of the highest KO percentage and one the longest KO streaks in boxing. Just because he failed to KO Jacobs doesn't mean he isn't a great puncher. Kovalev has failed to KO a few guys himself. Kovalev has been knocked down more than once. GGG is still undefeated and has never been knocked down. I rate him very high on my PFP top ten and a tie with Kovalev. I am a big fan of both Kovalev and GGG but I try to be fair to all boxers.
          Ye i can agree with u, i never said Golovkin doesnt have big power, i just think Kovalev has better punching power p4p then Golovkin does, but as i said Kovalev doesnt have the same engine or durability as Golovkin, i actually think Kovalev's chin is suspect and imo Beterbiev is gonna be the real monster @ LHW (coming soon), however i feel Kovalev is more versatile and fluid then GGG, i think theyre both top 5 p4p and GGG probably rated higher bcuz he officially got the win and Kovalev didnt

Comment

Kovalev has the savage kill or be killed mentality. I feel like GGG's recent rise to fame has softened him up a bit. Sort of like manny as he started getting more famous the killer instinct in the ring seemed to decrease and he wasnt getting KO's anymore (carrying margarito for rounds)

Comment

Working...
            X