Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brook gets no credit for beating gavin but bundu is a great win for spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    Good to know.

I'm a Spence fan, believe in the hype, and wish him a long, successful career. However, beating Brook wouldn't make him the best thing ever. He needs to do a lot more. I don't believe Brook is that special or great. All I see is a good fighter, nothing special at all about Brook. It would be a good win for Spence, nevertheless, as a young upcoming boxer striving to make a name for himself.

I'm more curious about what Spence can achieve going forward in the welterweight division and above.
    fair enough man. hell, i will probably be hyping spence more than you will if he beats brook

Comment

Over under bigdramashow committing sepekku when Spence KO's Broo in May.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
        This right here...
        So far Spence has been fighting tune ups lol, he's already beaten guys like Algeri and Bundu who lot's of fighters avoid, he's beaten tough fighters and my hope is my man Brook will win, but I can't see it happening esp since he has an broken eye socket

Comment

If nobody is going to say it I will, this is a case of "I fk with my own." People might not admit it but you read enough of people's posts and it's not hard to spot.

You got ricans that don't fk with nothing but Ricans and the occasional hispanic fighter when he's going against certain opposition. You've got mexicans who hate rican fighters but support them depending on the opposition. You've got europeans who only fk with British/Irish boxers, sometimes broader than that again depending on the opposition. You've got black folk who only fk with black fighters (I have been guilty of this, ex: Hopkins, Jones Jr, Whittaker). I'm neutral now on the whole "I mess and support who I identify with" but I don't pretend to gloss over the fact this actually exists after so many years of seeing the same ole people on here.

Guys like Errol, Lomancheko, Gervonta, Ramirez, Ward, hell even Sergey have been on the receiving end of criticisms they absolutely don't deserve all because of their complexion. Lomancheko is probably the only one out of that who seems to have escaped it these, with the occasional "But Rigo..." and that's mostly due to having beat the dog shh out of Walters and Russell Jr. For some of us that motivates us to support a fighter, simply because of the sheer amount of hate they get. There have been four boxers in 30 years of being a fight fan where the vitriol spewed about them has actually made me a fan of them. I have a feeling that list is about to grow a nice chunk with this new up coming class of fighters.

The sad part of it all is that in doing so we dismiss tremendous fighters and don't appreciate them while they are at their peak of talent and ability. Its only later on that you grow out of that and realize "so and so was actually a damn good fighter." We just had that shh happen with two legends of the sport where people simply picked a side and tried to fog up the greatness of the fighter on the other side of that equation, some still can't let it go and appreciate both men for their contributions.
          Last edited by turnedup; 03-10-2017, 01:14 AM.

Comment

The main difference is errol is fighting bundu his 3rd, going into 4th year as a pro, and yes, as a bonus he's stopping guys that have never been stopped. They're not great wins, but they're great performances by the dude.

Brook on the other hand, has been fighting these bums for 12 damn years.
            Last edited by FLY TY; 03-10-2017, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
              The main difference is errol is fighting bundu his 3rd, going into 4th year as a pro, and yes, as a bonus he's stopping guys that have never been stopped. They're not great wins, but they're great performances by the dude.

Spence wouldn't last two minutes against the last "bum" Brook fought

Comment

HanzGruber is 100% right about what bigdramashow is doing. There is really nothing to discuss other than the collective insecurity of the British boxing cognescenti when it comes to Spence once this fight was signed.

It's OK to be scared England. Spence may not have done anything yet but he looks like he has the goods.

Don't worry guys, very soon #bigdramashow will start complaining about the Gervonta hype.

Comment

Thurman beats Bundu...credible win

Spence beats Bundu...credible win.

Bundu beats Gavin...credible win

Brooke beats Gavin...cherry pick

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    Thurman beats Bundu...credible win

Spence beats Bundu...credible win.

Bundu beats Gavin...credible win

Brooke beats Gavin...cherry pick
                    Look at this scab suckin up for the UK fighter and hating the US fighters.

Typical.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X