Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Examples of fighters who turn down big money fights to instead "do the right thing"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magarito postponed his big money unification fight with Cotto to fight his mandatory, Paul Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Magarito postponed his big money unification fight with Cotto to fight his mandatory, Paul Williams.
      Boom, best example yet, because that fight was all but made.

Comment

Marquez yurned down Khan to defend his title against Katsidis, a dangerous fight he didnt have to take.

Comment

Originally posted by lest26 View Post
          Marquez yurned down Khan to defend his title against Katsidis, a dangerous fight he didnt have to take.
          But a much more winnable fight. Most people felt like Khan would have destroyed Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by lest26 View Post
            But JMM doesn’t belong anywhere above 135 so I can’t knock him for that, and couple this with the fact that the scrap he had with Katsidis was just a fun scrap to watch so it wasn’t a bad alternative if you are a TRUE boxing fan…

Comment

How about Chris John giving Juarez the rematch?

John could have easily gone back to Indonesia fighting scrubs for HUGE money.(like he has since done)

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                And I do believe Trinidad wanted a "tune-up" fight before Mosley. Which is why he fought Mayorga and then fought Wright.
                But the Mayorga fight took place at 160, I don’t remember Shane agreeing to fight Tito (had he defeated Wright) at middleweight, I might have to look this up to clarify…

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  great call. tried to give you green wouldn't let me.

keep 'em coming!

Comment

Roy Jones going back down to 175 for Tarver, instead of staying at Heavyweight and possibly fighting Tyson??

Comment

Floyd turning down 60mil for a delahoya rematch to fight marquez because he called him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X