Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Linares a Possibility, Says Golden Boy President

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Linares a Possibility, Says Golden Boy President

Vasyl Lomachenko dominated previously undefeated Guillermo Rigondeaux to the point where the Cuban called it a night after six rounds at the Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City this past weekend. The reigning WBO super featherweight titlist, could soon be moving up to lightweight. After capturing a world title at 126-pounds and then 130-pounds, Lomachenko is looking for his third division title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'd definitely pick Loma, but it would still be a fun fight to watch.

Comment

I'm not too interested in Linares but make it happen I guess. It's a fine testing the waters fight at 135 for Loma.

Comment

This fight won't happen. Berchelt is next then Garcia next summer. Linares vs Garcia should be happening, that's a disappointment

Comment

Easy work for Nomas.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if and how these fights come together. Berchelt and Linares are with Golden Boy. Mikey Garcia is a free agent but his last 3 fights since coming off his layoff have been with PBC/Showtime.

On the Top Rank side of things you have Beltran who is about to fight for a vacant WBO title at 135 so he's obviously close to a Lomachenko shot if he wins that title. There's Verdejo who I think we'll definitely get to see match up against Lomachenko. And then there's Juan Diaz, unlikely but wouldn't shock me.

Comment

Linares stock depreciated big time after the Salgado and Demarco Loss. To be precise, he was exposed as a C class fighter. I agree this will be easy work for Loma. Loma needs to get through Berchelt, and Alberto Machado first. If he manages to do so he then will conquer the next division as well. He will truly be tested if he can move up to super lightweight!!!

Comment

Cancel Linares vs Mercito and replace Mercito with Lomachenko. Linares and Lucas wont fill the FORUM. Both GB and TR work with ESPN.

Comment

would prefer linares v garcia and loma to fight the winner...maybe fight berchelt or someone in the meantime?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    would prefer linares v garcia and loma to fight the winner...maybe fight berchelt or someone in the meantime?
                    whats your plays this week mate?

btw boxing coalition podcast about to start:

http://mixlr.com/the-boxing-coalition/

Comment

Working...
                    X