No announcement yet.

Margarito vs Cotto Plaster myth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    Margarito was a cheater, I don't believe he would attempt to use plaster for Mosley where he was the heavy favourite and not use it against Cotto in the biggest fight of Margaritos career in what was considered a much more even fight at the time. I believe he had been using it for a long time before that also, bear in mind I'm not a huge Cotto fan.

I don't know why people try to defend him, what he attempted to do vs. Mosley is only one step above what Resto did to Billy Collins Jr.
    Isn't suspicious the way he destroyed Martinez? he also had a few loses before that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      Cotto lost that fight because he refused to/didn't know how to clinch. All he had to do was clinch and he would have won. He sat on the ropes and kept eating uppercuts for no reason. It made it one of the best fights of the past 15 years though.
      And why do you think he was scared to clinch; everything he was being touched with was hurting him, I think we all know why.....

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        lol Hero,Margarito is decent ,Cotto lost himself this fight by wrong gameplan ,you can make some usefull coment or GTFO

Spell check.

#LeadPoisonHurtsChildren

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Boxing rules call for a boxer's hands to be wrapped in front of a member of the team of the guy he will be fighting and a member of the boxing commission. Then the gloves are sealed and marked. If the gloves are later removed then the seal would be broken. Boxers don't get to wrap their hands behind close doors with no witnesses if these rules are followed. It's just about impossible to cheat if these rules are followed. Margarito was caught because these rules were followed before the Mosley fight and Mosley's trainer was there. If these rules were followed then Margarito didn't cheat in any of his fights before Mosley. If these rules weren't followed then he could have cheated in fights before the Mosley fight. There has never been any proof he cheated before the Mosley fight. After he was caught before the Mosley fight he became the most hated fighter in boxing and most fans decided he must has cheated before.
          But he did cheated my friend. If you noticed Margarito never HAD POP IN HIS PUNCHES. And all of a sudden cutting people up , especially Cotto who prior to the Margarito fight was never busted up, never was a bleeder. Dude, where there's smoke there's fire & if it quacks like a duck, it is a duck...comprende? Look at all his fights prior to the cintron fight. the dude was not busting up & cutting fighters with his punches & then all of a sudden he's doing it? He cheated!

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Straight up bulllll****. Plaster or no plaster, Cotto would have got fked up regardless.

Cotto lost because he got fatigued and couldnt take as much as he dished out ..

Margarito's chin, pressure, and better stamina won the fight.

Wtf does plaster have anything to do with it? Fkin punkass Puto Ricans

Margarito never did anything illegal.

Fkim sore losers lol. Dont be mad just cuz a badazz mexican popped cotto's cherry
            Why do you gotta come out your face with those remarks???And I suppose Mexicans never come up with excuses??? what about Chavez,Sr when he got whupped by Frankie Randall in the 2nd fight, where he got a cut above the forehead & he quit, saying he couldn't continue.... The bottomline is he cheated...

Comment

also, Cotto's camp did not watched over how the wraps of Margarito were being done properly, they practicly didn't watch over them. That was all Cotto's uncle fault. Cheaters they always get what they deserve...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                Margarito was a cheater, I don't believe he would attempt to use plaster for Mosley where he was the heavy favourite and not use it against Cotto in the biggest fight of Margaritos career in what was considered a much more even fight at the time. I believe he had been using it for a long time before that also, bear in mind I'm not a huge Cotto fan.

I don't know why people try to defend him, what he attempted to do vs. Mosley is only one step above what Resto did to Billy Collins Jr.
                Originally posted by b d w View Post
                He used plaster in that fight, for the simple reasons already stated above. Didn't need them for prime Cotto but did for old Mosley? Yeah, nah.
                Yea, lets just forget that fact that Mosley was a steriod cheat. Lets say going by your theory that Margarito did indeed try to cheat Shane,

at least he had a valid reason.

Against Cotto, he just beat his ass from corner to corner.

Comment

tbh, Margarito wasn't found with plaster in his fight against Mosley either

Comment

Personally I have been skeptical of the plaster accusations for the reason being that if they were plaster and as hard as many like to make out, then Cotto would have been busted up ALOT more than he was.

I'm no expert - but it would (IMO) be the equivalent of someone have something like a knuckleduster inside the glove, and that would still be able to inflict significant damage from the start of the fight.

That fact and the fact that Cotto is a sore ass loser makes me skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      tbh, Margarito wasn't found with plaster in his fight against Mosley either
                      Really???...no *****...huh??? GTFOH!!! And what the Fork was it that fell of his wraps onto the floor when Naz asked that they needed to unwrap the cloves because he wasn't present? Unlike Cotto's uncle & trainer, who efffed up royally by not asking them to re-wrap the gloves cuase just like w/ Mosley they wrapped the gloves without Evagelista (cotto's uncle) present. I see this happen alot at the fights (i'm a trainer), there are alot of trainers that like to wrap the hands up so quickly because they do have alterior motives cuase people are paying to much attention therefore there is this room for error. I'm not saying all trainers that arrive early do this, but some do.

Comment

Working...
                      X