No announcement yet.

Why We SHould Keep Political/Social Agendas Out Of Public Schools

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You did? That's news to me. Maybe you should have let me know. I stopped posting on and reading that thread until I got the time to wade through your Usenet group link.

And then we had the fact I was repeatedly mocked, insulted, and called a liar, among other things on that thread. And while you called out Juan Williams because he said seeing muslims on airplanes makes him nervous, you never said one thing to those who were expressing bigotry (and lobbing personal attacks) towards me. So why do condemn some bigotry, but remain silent about other bigotry even when it's being done right in front of you?
    Because the people insulting you are not supposedly journalist that need to be unbiased in their reporting. If you don't see the difference in that then I don't know what to tell you.

I could care less if you are Christian, it makes no difference to me. I don't understand how you can believe what you do, especially being someone who is so big on science and logic.

I came to my beliefs because of research and humbling myself to want to know the truth. Not just be stubborn in my beliefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Because the people insulting you are not supposedly journalist that need to be unbiased in their reporting. If you don't see the difference in that then I don't know what to tell you.
      Get real. First off, Mr Williams never lobbed insults, cursed, mocked, or name-called. He simply said he gets nervous when muslims get on a plane with him.

Second, that's a pathetic excuse. So what if the guy(s) cursing, mocking, etc were not journalists? Bigotry is bigotry. Face it, you defended one group and did not say a word when I was insulted, mocked, etc. You pick and choose, as I said.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I could care less if you are Christian, it makes no difference to me.
      I'd like to believe that. I really would. But your actions indicated otherwise. Again, not one word. Even after I asked for the insults, mocking, etc to stop, you sat by and said nothing.

Comment

Get real. First off, Mr Williams never lobbed insults, cursed, mocked, or name-called. He simply said he gets nervous when muslims get on a plane with him.

Second, that's a pathetic excuse. So what if the guy(s) cursing, mocking, etc were not journalists? Bigotry is bigotry. Face it, you defended one group and did not say a word when I was insulted, mocked, etc. You pick and choose, as I said.

I'd like to believe that. I really would. But your actions indicated otherwise. Again, not one word. Even after I asked for the insults, mocking, etc to stop, you sat by and said nothing.
        As Christopher Hitchens once said, ridicule is needed against the ridiculous. Christianity is a belief, it's not a race or nationality. It's something very specific you believe in. You have that right, but people have the right to make fun of people who actually believe that we came from 2 people, humans lived inside giant fish, people walk on water, donkeys talk, time stops, the moon splits in half and water turns into wine.

So there is a difference, but you can't see it. I never once insulted you, it's your beliefs that are ridiculous.

Comment

• Probably a little late for this group of children.

Comment

As Christopher Hitchens once said, ridicule is needed against the ridiculous.
            It went beyond that, and you know it.

Look, it's all good. I now know you're the type of guy who picks and chooses what bigotry you call out and what bigotry you sit idly by and say nothing about. It is what it is.

Christianity is a belief, it's not a race or nationality.
            And islam is a belief too, and that was what Mr Williams was referring to. Mr Williams never brought up race or nationality.

So there is a difference, but you can't see it. I never once insulted you, it's your beliefs that are ridiculous.
            I never said you did insult me. I actually told you I appreciated you not insulting me like others were doing. That said, you still never called out those who were insulting/mocking/cursing me, yet you called out Mr Williams who did nothing like that.

Like I said, it is what it is.

Comment

It went beyond that, and you know it.

Look, it's all good. I now know you're the type of guy who picks and chooses what bigotry you call out and what bigotry you sit idly by and say nothing about. It is what it is.

And islam is a belief too, and that was what Mr Williams was referring to. Mr Williams never brought up race or nationality.

I never said you did insult me. I actually told you I appreciated you not insulting me like others were doing. That said, you still never called out those who were insulting/mocking/cursing me, yet you called out Mr Williams who did nothing like that.

Like I said, it is what it is.
              Stop being a cry baby, you are a big boy and can defend yourself. You know how many times I been called racist names in this place? LOL It comes with posting at BS.

Second, you keep telling me what I'm doing. I don't pick and choose anything, you are either too stupid to understand or are trolling.

I never once insulted Muslims, Christians or any other religious group, that would be bigotry. What I have done is insult or ridicule the religion, there's a difference.

Just like the Bill Maher debate with Ben Affleck, we need to be ok in ridiculing bad ideas, and Christianity and Islam are full of bad ideas. It's different than me saying "All Muslims are......"

What Juan Williams said was stupid, he should have debated the points of Islam, not categorize all Muslims as terrorists or dangerous.

Comment

Stop being a cry baby, you are a big boy and can defend yourself. You know how many times I been called racist names in this place? LOL It comes with posting at BS.
                That's not the issue. I said nothing about your actions until you claimed to be against bigotry. Had you never made that untrue statement, I'd not have brought this up.

Second, you keep telling me what I'm doing. I don't pick and choose anything, you are either too stupid to understand or are trolling.
                Yes, I'm telling you what you're doing. I spelled it out clearly, you're calling out certain bigotry and staying silent about other bigotry.

I never once insulted Muslims, Christians or any other religious group, that would be bigotry. What I have done is insult or ridicule the religion, there's a difference.
                /facepalm I never said you did any of that. I actually said you didn't do that to me. If you're going to start calling me stupid or say I'm trolling, at least read and properly comprehend what I'm saying.

Just like the Bill Maher debate with Ben Affleck, we need to be ok in ridiculing bad ideas, and Christianity and Islam are full of bad ideas. It's different than me saying "All Muslims are......"
                That's fine by me. But as I said before (see a pattern yet?), it went beyond ridicule. And you said nothing.

What Juan Williams said was stupid, he should have debated the points of Islam, not categorize all Muslims as terrorists or dangerous.
                He didn't say that!! Seriously, you seem to be having an issue with basic reading comprehension.

Comment

• [QUOTE]
                  Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  That's not the issue. I said nothing about your actions until you claimed to be against bigotry. Had you never made that untrue statement, I'd not have brought this up.
                  Wrong and simply a lie

Yes, I'm telling you what you're doing. I spelled it out clearly, you're calling out certain bigotry and staying silent about other bigotry.
                  Again another lie on your part.

/facepalm I never said you did any of that. I actually said you didn't do that to me. If you're going to start calling me stupid or say I'm trolling, at least read and properly comprehend what I'm saying.
                  Jeezus you are dense, I made that example to point out that there's a difference between the ridicule you are receiving because of your faith as opposed to labeling an entire religion of people dangerous or scary.

That's fine by me. But as I said before (see a pattern yet?), it went beyond ridicule. And you said nothing.
                  They have a right to ridicule the ridiculous

He didn't say that!! Seriously, you seem to be having an issue with basic reading comprehension.
                  He said he felt apprehension when he sees people in Muslim garb. What is that insinuating? Do I have to spell it out to you, or you going to continue to play this game.

You tell me I have comprehension problems, yet can't follow one argument I make.

Comment

Wrong and simply a lie
                    Prove it. My posts are all there for you to use.

Again another lie on your part.
                    See above.

I'm not even gonna bother with the rest of it, as it's the same stuff over and over. You've asserted I'm lying, now I'm going to see if you even try to prove it. And no playing the "you insinuated" or "you meant" or "you inferred" like you're saying to try and excuse your double standard on Mr Williams. Use only the exact words I wrote and show where I've lied.
                    Last edited by 1bad65; 10-24-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Bumpity Bump!

Comment

Working...
                      X