Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward: Canelo was the clear winner; he dominated the fight (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    yo red, I didn't see you that much on nsb after the fight.

What is your opinion about the fight and who won (if you had a winner)?
    Look at my profile, go to "stats", and threads. You'll see a thread from last night with a lot of my thoughts on the subject. I think you'll appreciate it.

Comment

That's been the main argument, Golovkin's jab and I myself think too much is being made of it, he did land it pretty consistently but they were not the stiff jabs he landed in the first fight. I think people are putting too much stock on that.

Look at the comment section on Youtube or anywhere else, the jab is whats being most discussed and why people feel Golovkin should have won.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I disagree and wonder why he's talking about the optics and psychology of the fight less than the quality of the work. I've a feeling he may have not had a great seat, though I really don't know. Canelo's work turned to absolute garbage and maybe Ward was not able to see that. It was so bad I actually felt embarrassed for Canelo at one point.
        if canelos work is so garbage, how did he tag triple so well to the face, and I know face marks don't win the fight

but jeez I've never seen GGG like that

and honestly bro, your bias is showing, if his own trainer was telling GGG he was losing the fight

and yet you're telling the forum that you felt embarrassed for canelo

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
          if canelos work is so garbage, how did he tag triple so well to the face, and I know face marks don't win the fight

and honestly bro, your bias is showing, if his own trainer was telling GGG he was losing the fight

Lol....
          All I've heard for 4 years is that I'm biased against Golovkin and for Andre Ward so go share your theory with the rest of the forum please...

Regarding facial damage, that is the most noobish argument a boxing fan can make so please don't waste my time...

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post

LOL now what Abel says is gospel?

Canelo's effort was again so so Mister Majority decision at it again in a fight where most people thought he lost, but Vegas saved his cash cow status.

Looks like Canelo levels himself according to his opponent's level. This guy is frustrating at hell.

Regarding the marks, there were a lot of heabutts and I think GGG marks more being the older skin.

Comment

Ahh, Ward's opinion. A huge pile of manure...

Both guys backed off to avoid punches on occasion, but both guys stood their ground at the center of the ring circling each other for over 90% of the fight.

Comment

Really man?

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=792508

Comment

7-5 Canelo was what I scored. GGG looked stiff starting off. Canelo controlled the pace/direction of the fight stood his ground while GGG backtracked . GGG landing the jab but no body work although he did land uppercuts. Canelo's punch output was mix of jabs/ body and head shots.

Hbo's Lederman had a bad night.

I'm not a "fan" of either fighter but Canelo did enough to secure a close but clear decision.

Comment

What did Sanchez say?

Comment

LOL now what Abel says is gospel?

Canelo's effort was again so so Mister Majority decision at it again in a fight where most people thought he lost, but Vegas saved his cash cow status.

Looks like Canelo levels himself according to his opponent's level. This guy is frustrating at hell.

Regarding the marks, there were a lot of heabutts and I think GGG marks more being the older skin.
                      I wasn't saying canelo won the fight, it was a draw for me.

but was more replying to the poster stating that he felt embarrassed for canelo, when not only is a guy in his corner was stating he was losing the fight, but other pro boxers are also saying he lost the fight.
                      Last edited by ramses07; 09-16-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X