Collapse
No announcement yet.

At 36 years old GGG has only faced 4 world champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There hasn't been much competition at middleweight for years.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      Great post, but i dont think you can reach certain posters with proper arguments.
      I dont understand why they somehow all forgot that golovkin was once considered the most avoided boxer.
      Oh, I realize that. It's the usual suspects throwing out slanted views without weighing the facts. Notice I listed all 16 Champs yet none dispute the reasons why the 12 opportunities missed even happened. They're well aware of the circumstances yet continually choose to dismiss them because they don't fit within their agenda.

They laud Floyd & Canelo even though both are able to pick & choose who they fight & when. Yet if I was to scour threw their resumes there'd be multitudes of Champs who each CHOSE not to fight & then the real excuses come out. It's just a double standard, they realize this. It's the exact definition of prejudice & narcissistic personality disorder.

Thanks for the compliment btw.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        DISCLAIMER**** This includes past, present & future world champions. So It could be 5 if jacobs ends up winning the IBF title soon.

WOW that is disappointing, Canelo at 28 has faced 9.

TBE at 36 years old already faced 18

That really puts things into perspective
        LOL at you Flag Boy. You are a Mayweather worshiping GGG hating idiot to the extreme. If GGG is no good as you claim then why are you so obsessed with telling this board how lousy he is?????? Shouldn't we already know what poor fighter he is without the USA Flag Boy telling us all about it over and over and over again?

Comment

I went to box rec and laughed for 10 minutes nonstop looking at gggs resume

Comment

ggg said "anybody from 154-168" and stayed at 160, ducked Ward like the plague, he had his opportunities like Abraham who could've stayed at 160 but decided to move up.

You really can't defend it, ggg's resume is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
              No, it doesn't put things into perspective until you consider what champions he actually had the OPPORTUNITY to square off against.

I'll only use MW champions for this scenario but here's some food for thought:

Since Golovkin became WBA "regular" champ in 2010:

WBA Super Champs - 1 Champ willing to fight GGG.
              Felix Sturm - flat avoided for 2 years
              Daniel Geale - finally fought after avoiding mandatory & dropping belt

IBF Champs - 2 Champs willing to fight GGG
              Daniel Geale - turned down unification twice - finally fought after loosing belt
              Darren Barker - wouldn't even fight GGG for zero split of purse
              Felix Sturm - continued to avoid Golovkin
              Sam Soliman - turned down unification offer
              Jermain Taylor - stipped of belt for trouble with law
              David Lemieux - our first taker of the challenge!

WBC Champs - 1 Champ willing to fight GGG
              Julio Cesar Chavez Jr - turned down unification offer
              Sergio Martinez - turned down unification offer
              Miguel Cotto - avoided mandatory
              Saul Alvarez - finally fought after avoiding mandatory & dropping belt

WBO Champs - Questionable - circumstances didn't work out for the 2 signed
              Dmitry Pirog - avoided unification twice - finally signed to fight GGG but suffered back injury & withdrew
              Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam - dropped WBA interim when purse bid was ordered - turned down unification
              Peter Quillin - turned down unification
              Andy Lee - signed to fight GGG but Golovkin's father died & fight canceled. Then lost belt & became inactive.
              Billy Joe Saunders - turned down unification twice - GGG has "perhaps" had the opportunity to face him in the last year, but Canelo has posed the better money & better ranking

So to summarize; How many Champs has Golovkin had the opportunity to actually face given the circumstances? About as many as he has. Now put the shoe on the other foot & ask this same question of other Champs & see how those numbers actually work out.
              GGG the Victim Protection Unit
              On Speed dial

Comment

Originally posted by johndoefoe View Post
                cherrylovkin fanbase is a bunch of rednecks mass shooters
                Yeah. I just shot a few today and your next for trashing the world's best middleweight.

Comment

Canelo groupies are the dumbest bunch in boxing period they reach all over the place like the messican who said only rednecks are fans of ggg.. really? I don’t think rednecks even follow boxing and last time I checked they don’t have those in Asia. Only real niqgas are GGG fans.

Comment

Comes down to whose in your division and are they willing to fight you. I don't think too many were willing to get it on with GGG and those that did, did not fare too well.

Comment

Originally posted by roxy View Post
                      There hasn't been much competition at middleweight for years.
                      well there is now, and he blatantly avoided his mando...
                      but bring on the vanes of the world lol...

Comment

Working...
                      X