Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would GGG/Loeffler fight an Andre Ward who's coming off 2 year layoff+2 week notice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would GGG/Loeffler fight an Andre Ward who's coming off 2 year layoff+2 week notice?

Would that criteria be enough for GGG to grow balls and fight Ward? If Ward came off a 2 year layoff and was notified of this fight with only 2 weeks to train?

Or does that only work for Jr Middleweights?
    No, still too risky, add 164 catchweight and then maybe
    23.53%
    Yes, GGG would take on Ward like that
    35.29%
    GGG would never step in the ring with Andre Ward under any circumstances
    41.18%

Yes.

Comment

Probably not, but who knows. Money helps make a lot of decisions. Idk how much Ward's money has gone up since he's been out of the game. If its enough then maybe its a sexier enough option.

But all in all I think you try to take any edge you can get & the edge for Vanes would be different than the edge for Ward I feel like & earlier wouldn't be it.

Comment

Hell no.. ggg will retire before facing ward. Even if ward was able to go down to 160.. ggg still retires without that @sswhoopin!

Comment

GGG: No, no. Me no fight Andre Ward, me want to stay at 160 and fight Errol Spence. Me want all the 147 and 154 champions only, hehe. 160 fighters? Jacobs rematch, no. Canelo II? 10% chance. Charlo? Talk to Abel Sanchez. You said Dominic Wade rematch? Oh yes, very dangerous fight, me saw him fight in Jr amateurs 10 years ago, so dangerous, yes, me want that fight for sure, Mexican-African style. Put on big drama show for all Mexican and African fans, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Would that criteria be enough for GGG to grow balls and fight Ward? If Ward came off a 2 year layoff and was notified of this fight with only 2 weeks to train?

Or does that only work for Jr Middleweights?
            Fawk no! Ward has natural talent and would still beat ggg

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              GGG: No, no. Me no fight Andre Ward, me want to stay at 160 and fight Errol Spence. Me want all the 147 and 154 champions only, hehe. 160 fighters? Jacobs rematch, no. Canelo II? 10% chance. Charlo? Talk to Abel Sanchez. You said Dominic Wade rematch? Oh yes, very dangerous fight, me saw him fight in Jr amateurs 10 years ago, so dangerous, yes, me want that fight for sure, Mexican-African style. Put on big drama show for all Mexican and African fans, yeah.
              Epic fail kev. Ggg doesn’t talk like that you are taking like a Mexican

Comment

absolutely.
                since GGG is the A-side

Would Ward fly to Astana to fight GGG with 2 Kazak judges and a Russian ref?

Only actual boxing rules will be enforced =)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Fawk no! Ward has natural talent and would still beat ggg
                  there's a reason he only fights state side.

his style does not travel. there's a reason Tony Bellew is calling him out to go fight in England.

"We ain't going to England." - Virgil Hunter

Ward needs to foul consistently to "win"

Comment

GGG would get humiliated against Ward. Easy UD for Ward, and team GGG know it.

Comment

Working...
                    X