Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Canelo vs. Charlo Status To Be Clarified at Convention

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jermall Charlo is a tragedy. This guy fought 1 x in 2017 and 1 x in 2018. He was supposed to fight in Houston this summer but Al Haymon failed to deliver. He waited for GGG/Canelo but the WBC - as we know them - will grant Canelo another fight in before they will order the fight with Charlo... And there's a big chance Canelo will just drop the WBC titel afterwards and just go for the third fight with GGG instead fighting Charlo, who lost all momentum by then (actually, he already lost it months ago...). It's a pity, because this guy is in his physical prime and is wasting it big time. If this guy would only be smarter, he would've already signed with Hearn instead of surrounding him with losers, getting drunk with no dates and no fans. SMH...

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Lol, You fool! Canelo just went 24 rounds with the boogieman of the division and he wasnt rocked, let alone dropped but you think Charlo is gonna decapite Canelo??
      That just shows your just a Charlo nuttrider!
      It'll be a great fight between two warriors that either fighter can win but it won't be easy for neither fighter!
      Chinny chin chin Jacobs went twelve with Golovkin so aint nothing spectacular about that.

Comment

Even old version of GGG beat Canelo twice. Charlo is dangerous. I will be surprised if Canelo faces Charlo soon for less money. Canelo vs Charlo will be marinated very long...

I think Canelo can beat Charlo now, but too risky for less money.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
          Lol, You fool! Canelo just went 24 rounds with the boogieman of the division and he wasnt rocked, let alone dropped but you think Charlo is gonna decapite Canelo??
          That just shows your just a Charlo nuttrider!
          It'll be a great fight between two warriors that either fighter can win but it won't be easy for neither fighter!
          Yeah Like he knocked out 31 year old Trout?? He was BOO'd after that fight because A lot of ppl felt Trout won.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
            Chinny chin chin Jacobs went twelve with Golovkin so aint nothing spectacular about that.
            Very underrated post here lol

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Jermall vs golovkin
              I’d be surprised if either side took that fight at this point but I would love to see it. If Jermall declined it a lot of people would call it a duck but I wouldn’t be entirely mad at him

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                One trend I've noticed over the years on these boards is:

1. The over-hyping of young non-black fighters, who show just a little promise (i.e. Munguia, a young and tough but very flawed fighter) but have no bodies to support the hype. Another great example is that bum Lemeuix (who's has literally lost to a career sparring partner); and

2. the down playing of black fighters who have been in the game for years with good wins and showing little signs of vulnerability. Examples include the Charlos, Hurd and Gary Russell (yes he lost you Loma, but that's like saying he lost to Floyd imo)

*Now before you all start crying victim mentality, you should know that I'm anything but that. (I can run my CV if that makes you feel better, but know I'm young and doing very very well and I'm highly credentialed.)

I usually try to avoid the race point but I'm just tired of seeing the same trends on here. Fans have to stop with the nonsense and start keeping this objective.

There's absolutely no logical reason why someone should think a true journeyman (and fairly low skilled fighter) like Lemeuix deserves a fight with Canelo and Charlo doesn't. That just screams of a double standard. What makes it worse in my opinion is the age of posters here. Most of you guys are late 30s or older and you still haven't come to a point in life where you can call things straight up.

Charlo is the only other guy at the weight besides Saunders and GGG who's been an actual champion and defended his belt. If he's not deserving, then who is? Lol
                Lol if anyone is downplaying Russell now, it's the brothers

Comment

Getting ahead if yourself who has Charlo beaten ? In the first GGG - Canelo fight you could see how tense GGG was. Charlo has not fought on a big stage and.has not fought anyone of merit. He simply has not earned a large Canelo payday. He needs to fight Jacobs, Saunders or Hurd first.
                  Last edited by NotaPachugger; 09-24-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                    Tomato can consieur charlo wont touch canelo. Canelo can box him or knock him out. You think if a monster triple g couldnt knock out canelo lines only charlo can? HAHA
                    Yep. Charlo will fold once he gets hit to the body a few times. Frontrunner. Canelo wont be intimidated by all his tough talk and stuff.

Comment

Jacobs hit the canvas. Not the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X