No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin: We Saw it Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    Most people scored the fight for GGG, regardless of your hyperbole. He won both fights, yet only one judges card in BOTH fights had hi. winning. Sick that A-side dick though, you're not a real fan, just a dick rider.
    The judge that had him winning the 1st gave Canelo the 2nd. He was right the first but now he corrupt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
      And you must be one of the dumb phuck who believed the ggg fraud hype... I never even seen you post on here your name doesnt ring a bell but you have many post and i know you just changed your name like the coward you are. And New!!!! How that sound?! Awesome I know lol
      Fraud hype? For some people GGG would need to go back in time and knock out Vitali Klitschko, outbox Sugar Ray, beat the crap out of Marvel Hagler and disintegrate Canelo, Mayweather and both Charlo brothers on the same night and maybe then, just then they would say he isnt all that bad. You are one of those people, if it wasn't clear.

What else does GGG need to do at 36 to prove that he is legit? I guess one cannot expect the blind to see.

It shocks me that people like you do not understand how badly they undermine their credibility and judgement when they say stupid shlt like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexjust View Post
        Fraud hype? For some people GGG would need to go back in time and knock out Vitali Klitschko, outbox Sugar Ray, beat the crap out of Marvel Hagler and disintegrate Canelo, Mayweather and both Charlo brothers on the same night and maybe then, just then they would say he isnt all that bad. You are one of those people, if it wasn't clear.

What else does GGG need to do at 36 to prove that he is legit? I guess one cannot expect the blind to see.

It shocks me that people like you do not understand how badly they undermine their credibility and judgement when they say stupid shlt like this.
        Look bro, let me attempt to simplify things for the both of us. You think ggg and his 1-1-1 record with 0 ko's makes him great. I think the can easily be 0-3-0.. Those are his only 2 real opponents and 3 legit fights. That isn't great, he has no sibmgnature win. Before you come at me with the everyone " ducked " him till he got old b.s., consider this... Was it not ggg own fault he turned pro in his mid 20's? Or was that everyone else's fault too? I was a big ggg fan until his diehards started calling him great and balming everyone for ducking ... Canelo did us non ggg hype believes a favor sat night... And if ggg is so great to you, then what does that say about canelo? Greater! So yeah we can agree to disagree like men, and stop the b.s.... Sir

Comment

• I think like in every sector there are some kind of influencers over judges who can make "things happen". De la Hoya pulled it off again. Or maybe it was done by some other "interested parties". It was easy this time as fight was close. Like someone said before - after some time people will forget the controversy and will remember just the result. It's sad that GGG legacy is spoiled in such a despicible manner.

Harold Lederman (HBO Sports): 116-112 Golovkin

Brian Campbell (CBS sports): 116-112 Golovkin

Dan Rafael (ESPN): 114-114 draw

Stephen A. Smith (ESPN): Golovkin won

Arash Markazi (ESPN): 114-114 draw

Brett Okamoto (ESPN): 114-114 draw

Teddy Atlas - Golovkin won

Salvador Rodríguez (ESPN Mexico): 114-114 draw

Jorge Eduardo Sánchez (ESPN Deportes): 114-114 draw

David Faitelson (ESPN Deportes): Golovkin won

Eduardo Lamazón (Televisa): 116-112 Golovkin

Gareth A Davies (The Telegraph): 116-112 Golovkin

Josh Peter (USA Today): 115-113 Golovkin

Sports Illustrated: 114-114 draw

Skip Bayless (Fox Sports 1): Golovkin won

Dylan Hernandez (LA Times): 115-113 Golovkin

Lance Pugmire (LA Times): 114-114 draw

BoxingScene: 114-114 draw

Chris Mannix (Yahoo! Sports): 115-113 Golovkin

Kevin Iole (Yahoo! Sports): 114-114 draw

The Guardian: 116-112 Golovkin

Joe DePaolo (Washington Post): 115-113 Golovkin

Mike Coppinger (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw

Douglass Fischer (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw

Mike Baca II (Ring Magazine and Undisputed Champion Network): 115-113 Golovkin

Mike Costello (BBC): 115-113 Golovkin

Steve Bunce (BBC): 114-114 draw

Al Bernstein (Showtime Sports): Golovkin won

Barry Jones (BT Sport): 116-112 Golovkin

Sherdog.com: 116-112 Golovkin

Jai Bednall (news.com.au): 115-113 Golovkin

Brian Mazique (Forbes): 114-114 draw

Adam Abramowitz (Ring Magazine and SN Boxing): 115-113 Golovkin

Tom Craze (Bad Left Hook): 116-112 Golovkin

Fraser Coffeen (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin

Anton Tabuena (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin

The Associated Press: 114-114 draw

Adam Caparell (Complex Sports): 116-112 Golovkin

Bill Simmons (HBO and The Ringer): 114-114 draw

Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News): 116-112 Golovkin

Andreas Hale (Sporting News): Golovkin won

Graham Houston (Boxing Monthly): Canelo won

Michael Montero (MonteroOnBoxing): 115-113 Golovkin

Matt Christie (Boxing News): 115-114 Golovkin

George Willis (New York Post): 114-114 draw

Gary Melo (SportsNet Canada): Golovkin won

Below The Belt Podcast: 115-113 Golovkin

World Boxing News: 115-113 Golovkin

Jeff Powell (Daily Mail): 116-113 Golovkin

Marcos Villegas (Fight Hub TV): 114-114 draw

Michelle Rosado (Raging Babe): 115-113 Canelo

Michelle Joy Phelps (Behind the Gloves): 115-113 Golovkin

Lennox Lewis: Golovkin won by 2 rounds

Fight Nights: 115-113 Golovkin

Michael Woods (NYFights.com): two point edge for Golovkin

Dieter Kurtenbach (San Jose Mercury News and the East Bay Times): Golovkin won by 3 rounds

Rafael G (the Fight City): 116-112 Golovkin

Jesse Granger (Las Vegas Sun): 115-113 Golovkin

Jerry Izenberg (The NJ Advance Media): 115-113 Golovkin

40 for GGG, 2 for Canelo, 17 Draw

average fan scorecard (1773 fans): 116-113 Golovkin
          Last edited by force.with.us; 09-18-2018, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
            You obviously must of watched a fantasy version of this fight. Or totally do not understand ring generalship. Good for you.
            I understand when a knock out punching guy is backing up and pawing a jab out of desperation to keep alpha dog off with an intensely confused look on his Lumped up face it means he lost 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
              I understand when a knock out punching guy is backing up and pawing a jab out of desperation to keep alpha dog off with an intensely confused look on his Lumped up face it means he lost 😂
              I'm happy for you man.

Comment

Look bro, let me attempt to simplify things for the both of us. You think ggg and his 1-1-1 record with 0 ko's makes him great. I think the can easily be 0-3-0.. Those are his only 2 real opponents and 3 legit fights. That isn't great, he has no sibmgnature win. Before you come at me with the everyone " ducked " him till he got old b.s., consider this... Was it not ggg own fault he turned pro in his mid 20's? Or was that everyone else's fault too? I was a big ggg fan until his diehards started calling him great and balming everyone for ducking ... Canelo did us non ggg hype believes a favor sat night... And if ggg is so great to you, then what does that say about canelo? Greater! So yeah we can agree to disagree like men, and stop the b.s.... Sir
                Hmmm...obviously nobody is blaming everyone else for GGG turning the pro in his mid 20s. I'm not sure why you'd even say this.

The ducking issue is not a BS. Where was BJS, Danny Jacobs, Canelo 3-4 years ago? To be fair I'm not overly hung up on that because GGG is a fighter of a previous generation or right on the borderline. When you are older by 6-8 years than everyone else who can be a legitimate threat - you are in a way forcing them to duck you. We all like to say: "oh, he is too old", but we rarely say: "oh, he is too young". Canelo was too young for Mayweather at the time and we can never really compare fighters who belong to different generations. We will always have that dilemma of "not yet ready" and "past his prime", there can never be a fair match up. And in that sense, undoubtedly, all these fighters were ducking GGG. He was in his prime, they were not. Now, they feel he is deteriorating and they got better, they will now try to take the belts off him. In that sense I don't blame those of considerably lesser experience for ducking him. Well, maybe, except for Canelo given how lengthy and extensive his professional career was. And being a pro is not the same as being an amateur. These match ups are inherently "unfair". On a more extreme level, AJ vs Klitschko is a good example. And what can we say about Klitschko at 41 giving that kind of fight to AJ?..

I wouldn't call Canelo "greater", now since you want to compare greatness. I look at their second fight as a legitimate draw with a possible shade of a win towards GGG, but draw is perfectly fine. And fair. Their first fight GGG won. And if you want to talk about greatness: how great is 36 declining and somewhat past his prime GGG that in his prime excellent fighter (no sarcasm intended) like Canelo draws him and not actually wins?

Comment

Hmmm...obviously nobody is blaming everyone else for GGG turning the pro in his mid 20s. I'm not sure why you'd even say this.

The ducking issue is not a BS. Where was BJS, Danny Jacobs, Canelo 3-4 years ago? To be fair I'm not overly hung up on that because GGG is a fighter of a previous generation or right on the borderline. When you are older by 6-8 years than everyone else who can be a legitimate threat - you are in a way forcing them to duck you. We all like to say: "oh, he is too old", but we rarely say: "oh, he is too young". Canelo was too young for Mayweather at the time and we can never really compare fighters who belong to different generations. We will always have that dilemma of "not yet ready" and "past his prime", there can never be a fair match up. And in that sense, undoubtedly, all these fighters were ducking GGG. He was in his prime, they were not. Now, they feel he is deteriorating and they got better, they will now try to take the belts off him. In that sense I don't blame those of considerably lesser experience for ducking him. Well, maybe, except for Canelo given how lengthy and extensive his professional career was. And being a pro is not the same as being an amateur. These match ups are inherently "unfair". On a more extreme level, AJ vs Klitschko is a good example. And what can we say about Klitschko at 41 giving that kind of fight to AJ?..

I wouldn't call Canelo "greater", now since you want to compare greatness. I look at their second fight as a legitimate draw with a possible shade of a win towards GGG, but draw is perfectly fine. And fair. Their first fight GGG won. And if you want to talk about greatness: how great is 36 declining and somewhat past his prime GGG that in his prime excellent fighter (no sarcasm intended) like Canelo draws him and not actually wins?
                  you are crazy! Canelo is eabd always was the better fighter.. 154-168 anyone.. But ward at 164 and canelo at 160. C'mon now! Stop making excuses up for ggg. He lost the first fight by getting outboxed, when that wasnt enough for the people, canelo whooped his azz mexican style like he wanted in the rematch... So now he is old, ok fine.. Then Canelo shouldn't fight him a 3rd time because he is old now... So he will be older then and you guys will never give canelo credit... The fact is.... We have a NEW MIDDLEWEIGHT KINGPIN!!! his name is Saul "canelo" Alvarez and he is a Real Mexican! EZ Work! NEXT

Comment

you are crazy! Canelo is eabd always was the better fighter.. 154-168 anyone.. But ward at 164 and canelo at 160. C'mon now! Stop making excuses up for ggg. He lost the first fight by getting outboxed, when that wasnt enough for the people, canelo whooped his azz mexican style like he wanted in the rematch... So now he is old, ok fine.. Then Canelo shouldn't fight him a 3rd time because he is old now... So he will be older then and you guys will never give canelo credit... The fact is.... We have a NEW MIDDLEWEIGHT KINGPIN!!! his name is Saul "canelo" Alvarez and he is a Real Mexican! EZ Work! NEXT
                    When Canelo is on the back foot - he outboxes. When Canelo is standing in the pocket - he dominates and "whoops his azz". No matter what happens - Canelo is the winner. Got it. Speaking of a hype in boxing... GGG's career got ruined by Vegas. Same as Kovalev's. Not the first, not the last.

No, I don't think they should do a third fight. Canelo won't fight anywhere but Vegas and I have no interest in seeing him fight GGG in Vegas, we all know how this is going to go regardless of how this is going to go. Plus, yeah...he will be 37 at the time. I think GGG should fight Groves after he picks up the Mohammed Ali prize and the ride into the sunset. His legacy was robbed, but money-wise he and his subsequent generations are set for life. Isn't that a trade off when you fight a golden boy in Vegas?

Comment

When Canelo is on the back foot - he outboxes. When Canelo is standing in the pocket - he dominates and "whoops his azz". No matter what happens - Canelo is the winner. Got it. Speaking of a hype in boxing... GGG's career got ruined by Vegas. Same as Kovalev's. Not the first, not the last.

No, I don't think they should do a third fight. Canelo won't fight anywhere but Vegas and I have no interest in seeing him fight GGG in Vegas, we all know how this is going to go regardless of how this is going to go. Plus, yeah...he will be 37 at the time. I think GGG should fight Groves after he picks up the Mohammed Ali prize and the ride into the sunset. His legacy was robbed, but money-wise he and his subsequent generations are set for life. Isn't that a trade off when you fight a golden boy in Vegas?
                      His official record ruined his legact, not you or any of you groupies opinions. Fact is, he has fought 2 legit opponents and is 1-1-1, 0 ko... Got beat up and pushed back by a shorter, smaller, shorter reach having great mexican fighter.. That's right! Great!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X