Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decision aside; is Abe Sanchez holding back good fighters??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He does seem to have an inability to change things on the fly, which could have cost him a G victory (I scored both fights as G wins myself, but changes made on the fly could have made them obvious to the judges) and Gassiev just seemed confused trying the same thing each round and getting face ****ed by Usyk.

I dunno. A level trainer...just not in that masterclass I guess

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Weird af lunatic that lives in the mountains trying to create mutants.

Watch his fighters train, any of them.
      All you'll see are bizarre methods presumably to try and maximise power or some odd method trying to increase a fighters punch resistance.
      He trains all these pressure fighters yet you'll never see him doing head movement drills, developing their right hands - exactly why Canelo was able to slide out in the first fight.

He's got great fortune\an eye for talent and conditions them well but as far as adding, bringing punches in, teaching, teaching them how to set up shots, improving their defense, offering technical advice he's awful imho

He's like an eccentric fan that wants to create some lab experiment that can't feel pain.
      hahaha I like Abel and his stable but this post is hilarious. Sounds written by an elderly neighbour peaking out from behind the curtains from the Big Bear camp "THEY'RE OUT THERE RUNNING AGAIN MORTY!!"

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        To me it sounds like you’re overweight no way I can take your kiddie opinion serious or anyone really knowing thangs at that would say likewise.
        I'm overweight? What the **** are you talking about clown? The only one with a kiddie opinion is you when you say BS like this.

No he’s much better than canelos unknown meat factory trainers
        Canelo's "meat factory" trainers have made Canelo a better boxer than Golovkin. As someone pointed out earlier Sanchez hasn't taught Golovkin the sweet science, improving defense, drilling in head movement, improving his right hand, etc. That should have been evident in the Jacobs fight. If Sanchez was a good trainer the first fight against Canelo wouldn't have been a draw. He's getting hit too much; no head movement, a predictable offense (double-jab right hand) and a lot of that blame goes on the trainer, but you don't see that because you are a clown. And the thing is he's been working with Golovkin for eight years, and I say this as a Golovkin fan.
        Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-17-2018, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Weird af lunatic that lives in the mountains trying to create mutants.

Watch his fighters train, any of them.
          All you'll see are bizarre methods presumably to try and maximise power or some odd method trying to increase a fighters punch resistance.
          He trains all these pressure fighters yet you'll never see him doing head movement drills, developing their right hands - exactly why Canelo was able to slide out in the first fight.

He's got great fortune\an eye for talent and conditions them well but as far as adding, bringing punches in, teaching, teaching them how to set up shots, improving their defense, offering technical advice he's awful imho

He's like an eccentric fan that wants to create some lab experiment that can't feel pain.
          There is something true about it !

Comment

So this thread is all about Krusher was right to leave Sanchez ???

Comment

In this video of the Usyk/Gassiev fight you can see Abel getting very frustrated with Gassiev because he can't, or isn't trying, to do what Abel wants him to do. At one point, he even asks him "Do you want me to stop it?"

After the fight Gassiev mentions Usyk's experience compared to his own, which is limited in comparison. Murat is 24 yo and still pretty green.

With GGG, Abel may have another problem. Maybe GGG, at 36, and after all those fights and years of hard training, is no longer capable of doing anything different to what he did against Canelo. So the only thing Abel can do is get him as fit as possible and encourage him to keep doing it
              Last edited by kafkod; 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                hahaha I like Abel and his stable but this post is hilarious. Sounds written by an elderly neighbour peaking out from behind the curtains from the Big Bear camp "THEY'RE OUT THERE RUNNING AGAIN MORTY!!"

Comment

Working...
                X