No announcement yet.

Usyk's manager namedrops Andre Ward after Bellew fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usyk's manager namedrops Andre Ward after Bellew fight

"(If) Andre Ward wants to come back as a cruiserweight, Andre Ward and Usyk would be a perfect fight. A perfect fight," Klimas said. "But right now we're trying to make Usyk and Bellew."

Ward (32-0, 16 KOs), 34, of Oakland, California, is a former unified super middleweight and light heavyweight world titleholder who retired last fall following his eighth-round knockout of Sergey Kovalev in their light heavyweight title rematch, but there has been constant chatter that he would entertain a return for the right fight.
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...lew-next-fight

I thought that was an interesting quote from Usyk's manager. We've heard of Ward-Bellew, but it's the first time we've heard Team Usyk mention Ward.

Should call out Mayweather and Mcgregor too while you're at it......

Throw in those f4ggots from Youtube as well

Comment

Mang, Usyk will embarrass Ward, utterly. I certainly don't hide the fact I think Ward has been a cheater his entire career but he would be a fool to consider this fight. I'd love to see him stomped out, no doubt but he would get seriously hurt against Usyk and I don't want to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Mang, Usyk will embarrass Ward, utterly. I certainly don't hide the fact I think Ward has been a cheater his entire career but he would be a fool to consider this fight. I'd love to see him stomped out, no doubt but he would get seriously hurt against Usyk and I don't want to see that.
        If it's a boxing match, wich won't happen with ward who will make it a phone booth fight along with headbutts and clinching and I believe Usyk is not a great inside fighter.

Comment

If Breidis, Hunter can win respectively 5 and 4 rounds versus Usyk then Ward can grab around 6 rounds and make it a SD, especially grinding with some of his borderline skills.

There is nothing Breidis, Hunter do and Ward can't. They are not even significantly taller guys.

Comment

Usyk's manager namedrops Andre Ward again...

"There is no doubt he's going to the heavyweight division, but the next fight? We have to see," Klimas continued. "We need to talk. We need to see who is available. Do we see any other cruiserweights available? Some people talk about maybe [retired unified light heavyweight titlist] Andre Ward is going to come back because Andre Ward said that he wants to fight [Tony] Bellew, but Bellew didn't beat Usyk. So right now is he considering to come back and fight Usyk?"

"I think it would be a good fight," Klimas said of a potential Ward showdown. "He did very good against [Sergey] Kovalev. So maybe he can do something with Usyk and bring some competition. Personally, I think it's probably better for Usyk to go into the heavyweight division and start knocking out that division."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ons-next-fight

Comment

Whats up with these eastern euros always wanting to cherrypick smaller guys??

Comment

Working...
              X