Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Szpilka outboxing Wilder or not? was he up in the cards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
    Szpilka was definitely doing better than people expected. I had him up for a round or two, can't remember.

He went full ****** though, he's just too brave for his own good. Ronnie Shields definitely did some good work to prepare him.

I think it was really dumb from Szpilka to go straight to fight Kownacki next after such a brutal KO. The kid had potential but was just a bit undersized for the HW and his chin might be shot now. He should seriously consider moving down do cruiserweight.

Szpilka being a southpaw might have also played an effect. It might be the case of Szpilka not being that good but just Wilder struggling with southpaws. If that's true then he might have huge problems at hand against Ortiz and let's not forget that Fury is good at switching to southpaw too.
    You're right Wilder's not good against Southpaws. His power is what bails him out against em.

He seems to hesitate a lot and do a lot of waiting when he's in battle against a southpaw. As if he is trying to solve some complicated puzzle or sumn. He's visibly uncomfortable against them. That's why I was so surprised he asked for the Ortiz fight.

He does have very good counter punching technique against Southpaws, the problem is when they step back and wait for him to attack. It's like he can't get his footing and timing right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
      The same Johan Duhapas was KO'ed unconscious brutally by a supposed 'cruiser weight' in Alexander Povetkin. Deontay Wilder doesn't even get past Povetkin. If Povetkin is really SUPPOSED to be a small tiny heavyweight and a natural cruiser weight, then Wilder has to be even more overrated. Especially his power.
      Povetkin failed a drug test before he fought Dehapuas, and then again after he fought Dehaupus, and you expect any sane person to believe he wasn't juiced to the gills when he fought Dehaupus?

Come on man grow a brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
        How's that even relevant? And do you put szpilka in the same class as brook? Because thats easily the best win Spence has.. Wilder who claims he would beat atgs, struggled with a guy like szpilka. He won, but when you say you would dominate any era and struggle with that level of talent you open yourself up to criticism
        Didn't lennox lewis get KO'd by bum Rahman?

Didn't Wladimir Klitschko get KO'd by three bums before he got KO'd by Joshua?

Didn't Fury get dropped by an old ass cruiserweight and didn't he almost knock himself out with his own uppercut?

Didn't Mike Tyson get knocked out by Bumster Doughlas?

Etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
          Facts! Small, tiny, pudgy and chubby 6 foot 2 supposed natural cruiser weight knocked out Johan Duhapas unconscious in 6 rounds but the 'heavyweight champion of the world' couldn't even drop the same Johan Duhapas in 11 rounds. The "heavyweight champion of the world", in this case Deontay Wilder must be embarrassed then, right?

And sure, keep believing Deontay Wilder is 100% clean / natural in an unnatural / unclean 21st century planet Earth. Remain delusional if you please to do so!

And Deontay Wilder is only a paper champion at this point.
          So this is a natural cruiserweight who won a heavyweight gold medal and NEVER even ONCE fought at cruiserweight.

But hez a natural cruiserweight doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Wilder's defense is vastly superior to ggg's, he doesn't get hit nearly as often. Wilder only loses rounds when he's adjusting to his opponent's style before he unloads his right hand.

Washington landed only a handful of shots, not a single mark on Wilder's face.

Brook did this in 5 rounds to ggg in his 1st fight at 160:

Canelo bashed his face up pretty good too.
            Didn't Wilder get dropped by some journeyman Harold Sconiers? Didn't Wilder get lit up pretty good by Johan Duhuapas too? He isn't a defensive wizard either and Brook is 10x better than either of those guys.

Comment

re

brand new to the forum. I thought Szpilka was winning a close fight. I'm Polish though so perhaps I'm biased when saying that. I do really believe he was giving Wilder a bit of a boxing lesson however Deontay is packing a bazooka in that right hand n it can lay out any man on the planet. it was a fun fight just sucks the way it ended from a polish fans perspective ofcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by juggalopaul View Post
                brand new to the forum. I thought Szpilka was winning a close fight. I'm Polish though so perhaps I'm biased when saying that. I do really believe he was giving Wilder a bit of a boxing lesson however Deontay is packing a bazooka in that right hand n it can lay out any man on the planet. it was a fun fight just sucks the way it ended from a polish fans perspective ofcourse.
                Welcome man. I warn you, there are a lot of anti european fighters posters here. But you will find a lot of other fair people to discuss.

Comment

I think he was winning in my mind but I can't remember

That KO must have shortcircuited my brain too

Comment

haha I find it really funny that many people have AGENDAS in the boxing community. I always call it how I see it. The main thing I want to see is GREAT FIGHTS. There's fighters I really like to watch such as Spence Lomachenko etc but I'm nobodys FANBOY. Lets have great fights and deserving fighter getting the W.

Comment

Amazing to see so many people hard at work fluffing Wilder's c*ck.

Watching the Wilder szpilka fight is giving me a laugh of how bad Wilder is. lol. Its funny, at times Szpilka was mocking Wilder as much as Saunders was Lemiux. lol.

Yes... Wilder has huge power due to his size... but his skills? LOL.

Would love to see the battle of the apes... Wilder vs Ustinov.

Wilder reminds me a lot of Kydrashov. Insane power and knocked out anyone he got his hands on.... that is until he fought someone (Dorticos) with any boxing skills.

Wilder is a blow up waiting to happen. He looks great fighting punching bags like Stiverne and Martin.... but he needs pure luck when he finally fights someone who is in the top 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X