Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Dempsey would have eaten Wilder alive; agree or disagree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demps. I've studied the history of the HW championship over the past couple of years and I'm convinced that Dempsey would have handled Wilder at this point in his career. We'll have to address this later....

Comment

Dempse mauls the clumsy Oaf.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
        Are you trolling? Wilder would annihilate Dempsey if he were around today. The conditioning and skill of fighters nowadays is leagues ahead of those of the early 1900's, not to mention the massive size increase of heavyweights.

If Dempsey fought in this era he would be a career SMW/LHW.
        The conditioning of heavyweights was much better 40-80 years ago. They trained for 15 rounds. They trained their core (think corssfit on steroids) not weightlifting.

You can argue that modern fighters are bigger (some are) but I don't think modern fighters conditioning was better in the slightest.

The main advantage is that modern fighters don't fight hurt (they don't fight with a broken hand to pay the rent (James Braddock) and they have film of their opponents.

If you brought a modern fighter back to the 1920s and 1930s and had them fight 8-12 times a year without the use of film I don't think that they would dominate.

Comment

Maybe...

50/50 IMO

Obviously dempsey would be the aggresor, but if wilder catches him flush one time its over.. Either hand, wilder puts him out if he catches dempsey..

Dempsey might get off fast, but since he never fought a black guy, let alone one the size of wilder, he may be hesitant and give wilder the time to establish jab and the brutal right hand..

Comment

Agree.

The Manassa Mauler would bob and weave his way inside where he would proceed to break Deontay's ribs.

Comment

Working...
            X