Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Official Boycott Thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't want to buy fights of certain fighters then don't, They will never know and it will have no effect on who they fight next. I never buy pfv anyway. I subscribe to both Showtime and HBO so I save the $70 or whatever they are charging and see the same fight for free in a week. Sure I'd rather see big fights live but not $50-$80 worth of rather. I guess I am just a cheapskate but I love boxing and get to see all the big fights soon enough.

Comment

I honestly think social media campaigns would be a lot more effective than boycotts. It's hard to make a dent in the viewing figures, whereas a relatively small but organised group of people can make a lot of noise on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kneeguel Cotto View Post
        I'm boycotting Danny Garcia, Adrien Broner, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Adonis Stevenson, Peter Quillin, etc. fights until they learn to grow a pair and fight elite opponents.

I can't blame Stevenson because he lives in Canada, a country whose balls haven't even dropped. I also don't blame Garcia that much because he's Puerto Rican and kneeling/giving up comes from his ancestry.
        Do you really believe Puerto Rican boxers are more likely to give up than fighters from other countries because of their ancestry? I don't believe that. Puerto Rico has always been a great boxing country producing good fighters and champions in great numbers compared to their small population. My favorite fighter when he was fighting was Trinidad and he would never quit in a fight. Canadians are strong, brave and tough and have also had more than their share of good game fighters compared to their small population. It takes big balls to live in a country with winters colder than a deep freeze in most of the land.

Comment

I bought that awful piece of crap Pac v Rios and the even worse Pac v Algeri so boycott if you want but it won't make difference. Casuals outnumber hardcore fans and I'm a hardcore fan that just loves to watch boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            I honestly think social media campaigns would be a lot more effective than boycotts. It's hard to make a dent in the viewing figures, whereas a relatively small but organised group of people can make a lot of noise on Twitter.
            Another solution. Might be a good idea however how many fighters actually use twitter on a daily basis?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Do you really believe Puerto Rican boxers are more likely to give up than fighters from other countries because of their ancestry? I don't believe that. Puerto Rico has always been a great boxing country producing good fighters and champions in great numbers compared to their small population. My favorite fighter when he was fighting was Trinidad and he would never quit in a fight. Canadians are strong, brave and tough and have also had more than their share of good game fighters compared to their small population. It takes big balls to live in a country with winters colder than a deep freeze in most of the land.
              Don't feed this troll, Trinidad was awesome. I always wanted him and Mosley, hell I would watch it now. Of course Puerto rico had a lot of Champions.

Comment

Broner and Garcia have balls. Garcia fought Matthysse. And Broner fought Maidana. Thats called Balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  I bought that awful piece of crap Pac v Rios and the even worse Pac v Algeri so boycott if you want but it won't make difference. Casuals outnumber hardcore fans and I'm a hardcore fan that just loves to watch boxing
                  If you bought Pac-Algieiri, you have no right to be mad at anyone but yourself.

I bought Pac Rios just because Pac was coming off a loss up against a tough pressure fighter.

The undercard was ass though.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Do you really believe Puerto Rican boxers are more likely to give up than fighters from other countries because of their ancestry? I don't believe that. Puerto Rico has always been a great boxing country producing good fighters and champions in great numbers compared to their small population. Canadians are strong, brave and tough and have also had more than their share of good game fighters compared to their small population. It takes big balls to live in a country with winters colder than a deep freeze in most of the land.
                    Yes.
                    Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                    Broner and Garcia have balls. Garcia fought Matthysse. And Broner fought Maidana. Thats called Balls.
                    I give them props for THOSE fights, but what have done since then?

loss to herrera, followed by rod salka. The ring 140 champ?
                    win over carlos molina, narrow win of emmanuel taylor.

#boycott

Comment

Originally posted by Kneeguel Cotto View Post
                      Yes.

I give them props for THOSE fights, but what have done since then?

loss to herrera, followed by rod salka. The ring 140 champ?
                      win over carlos molina, narrow win of emmanuel taylor.

#boycott
                      Garcia is probably going to get the Mayweather fight. I think Broner will fight Algieri for his belt next and then Broner will fight the winner of a future match I think will be made between Provodnikov and Matthysee.

Comment

Working...
                      X