This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    The problem England have always had is that despite generally always having a strong, possible the strongest, back 5 in most of the tournaments they dont keep the ball well and therefore dont protect their back line, its often exposed to wave after wave of attack against good counter attacking sides, see a side with an inferior back line man 4 man can still look solid against England because they have more of the ball, whilst you have got the ball the opposition cant hurt you, that always been England's biggest problem keeping the ball, they lack the technique to do that, that is why England dont play fluid football, rather more mechanical football, their technique is not good enough to play fluid 1/2 touch football.

Dont get me wrong im a huge England fan and would love to see them do it but i dont think our defense is as good as it looks on paper because they get left exposed by the midfield a lot of the time, matter of fact i dont think England would be a quarter final team without almost always having a very good defense.

We are like a one dimensional fighter with a solid chin who is a tough fight for anyone but will ultimately lose against the best fighters when asked to step up.

With that said we should! in theory but more than a quarter final team as we do have some of the better players in the world, i mean Sweden always do about as good as us and they are generally not as good as us man 4 man imo, so we must be under-performing.

Even though the American players are not as good as England's at playing Football they do have decent/good technique and discipline, i admire that because with that type of discipline and technique they could be capable of causing the odd upset, that is also what England lack imo, discipline and mental strength, England flap under pressure, get nervous and end up conceding. I honestly dont think England would of held out against Spain the way America did, England would of conceded late goals for sure, despite having better defenders, that said i do think we should go further than USA but......
    Do you think this WC England squad might be better?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
      forza internazionale!!!!!

Comment

• If we get knocked off, I have no choice but to pull for the Limeys.

They're clearly next in line support wise.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
          If we get knocked off, I have no choice but to pull for the Limeys.

They're clearly next in line support wise.
          Emotion wise. You'll be entering the seventh circle of hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
            Emotion wise. You'll be entering the seventh circle of hell.
            I could pull for Mexico, NTY.

They don't play my preferred brand of football and I don't follow their players. 90% of my favorite footballers come from the UK. So let's win.

Organized, Strong counter attacking football should do it.

Comment

• England ain't winning ****! It pains me to say it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                England ain't winning ****! It pains me to say it.
                That's what all of you guys keep stating.

I foresee a potential quarterfinal type club.

Comment

• Lennon, Walcott, Defoe, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney

Strike Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                    Do you think this WC England squad might be better?
                    I doubt it, this side is technically inferior to the 96 side imo, plus the 96 side was stronger squad imo.

David Seaman
                    Gary Neville
                    Stuart Pearce
                    Paul Ince
                    Tony Adams
                    Gareth Southgate
                    David Platt
                    Paul Gascoigne
                    Alan Shearer
                    Teddy Sheringham
                    Darren Anderton
                    Steve Howey
                    Ian Walker
                    Nick Barmby
                    Jamie Redknapp
                    Sol Campbell
                    Steve McManaman
                    Les Ferdinand
                    Phil Neville
                    Steve Stone
                    Robbie Fowler
                    Tim Flowers

Tim Flowers was our back up keeper and he was better than James, Green and hart put together. Seaman, not contest.

Ferdinand, Sheri, Fowler, Shearer is what you call a proper strike force, not Heskey and Crouch.

Steve McManaman, Darren Anderton are good as any wide man we have if not better.

Gazza was a better player than Gerrard and Lampard imo, technically good and he could ghost past players dribbling with the ball.

Would also take Campbell and Ince over Terry or Barry.

That team got to the semi final of the Euro beating Holland 4-1 on the way, Holland side that has Bergkamp, Kluivert, Seeforf etc etc, England went out to Germany on pens but were the better team in open play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                      I doubt it, this side is technically inferior to the 96 side imo, plus the 96 side was stronger squad imo.

David Seaman
                      Gary Neville
                      Stuart Pearce
                      Paul Ince
                      Tony Adams
                      Gareth Southgate
                      David Platt
                      Paul Gascoigne
                      Alan Shearer
                      Teddy Sheringham
                      Darren Anderton
                      Steve Howey
                      Ian Walker
                      Nick Barmby
                      Jamie Redknapp
                      Sol Campbell
                      Steve McManaman
                      Les Ferdinand
                      Phil Neville
                      Steve Stone
                      Robbie Fowler
                      Tim Flowers

Tim Flowers was our back up keeper and he was better than James, Green and hart put together. Seaman, not contest.

Ferdinand, Sheri, Fowler, Shearer is what you call a proper strike force, not Heskey and Crouch.

Steve McManaman, Darren Anderton are good as any wide man we have if not better.

Gazza was a better player than Gerrard and Lampard imo, technically good and he could ghost past players dribbling with the ball.

Would also take Campbell and Ince over Terry or Barry.

That team got to the semi final of the Euro beating Holland 4-1 on the way, Holland side that has Bergkamp, Kluivert, Seeforf etc etc, England went out to Germany on pens but were the better team in open play.
                      What about the youngsters? The guys recently out of U-21?

You think they can make an impact?

And why does Capello routinely start Emil Heskey as a forward?

Comment

Working...
                      X