Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Reacts To Khabib: CBS, SHO - Get The Checkbook!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    This money grab sht has gotten old.
    It would be a money grab circus. But I don't understand boxing fans disgust of these side shows. The mayweather- mctapper fight was good for boxing exposure and didn't detract from legit/competitive boxing. So, why not? If a retired
    Mayweather wants to sock away a couple hundred mill and provide some frivolous entertainment, them who cares? I'm asking genuinly; what is the opposition to "money grab" fights?

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
      That's why Khabib won?
      I thought Connor lost by submission? He lost on the ground. Last time I checked most good strikers in the UFC do not have good ground game. You don't watch MMA clown.

Comment

This one actually won't get approved by the commission at least until after all this drama gets settled.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          It was a flash knockdown and Conor wasn't even stunned. Mayweather had Conor stunned and drunk on the ropes and was going to fall sooner or later. It shows you how gifted boxers are that a flush right by the UFC's number 1 fighter didn't even wobble Conor and a few punches from brittle handed 40 year old Mayweather made him drunk. Even Paulie Malinaggi who everyone likes to make fun of (which is stupid, since he's a pro boxer and even being an amateur requires talent) knocks out most of the UFC roster.
          Yes, but it was a clean knock down, which I think was Khabib's point.

Comment

Khabib should insist on the fight being in the cage. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfanjoe View Post
              It would be a money grab circus. But I don't understand boxing fans disgust of these side shows. The mayweather- mctapper fight was good for boxing exposure and didn't detract from legit/competitive boxing. So, why not? If a retired
              Mayweather wants to sock away a couple hundred mill and provide some frivolous entertainment, them who cares? I'm asking genuinly; what is the opposition to "money grab" fights?
              As long as Mayweather does what is right and fights in the cage since he had McGregor fight in the ring.

Comment

oh god here we gooooo

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
                  He also did it with baby gloves the ufc uses. Floyd drops Conor with those gloves too and a fighter like canelo puts him in the hospital
                  Lol, I'm a boxing fan too, but it seems like some of you feel threatened by the fact Khabib scored a clean knock down with a punch when Floyd couldn't.

It's just trash talk, and Khabib is doing it well. There's nothing to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                    Khabib dropped Conor with a nice right. That would've been a knocked down under boxing rules, which is something Floyd didn't get to do. I think he stopped Connor on his feet.
                    Don't forget the size of gloves used for MMA versus boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfanjoe View Post
                      I think it's fear that one of these crude brawlers (in boxing at least) might be the one to hand an undefeated boxer, like Floyd, his first loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X