Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Cotto take a payment to lose to Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Cotto take a payment to lose to Ali?

Just wondering, because wow he really lost to this guy

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    Just wondering, because wow he really lost to this guy
    He was just a very shot fighter at that stage

Comment

He injured his bicep in the fight.

Comment

cottos been done essentially since leaving 147. he really didnt beat anyone healthy/good after that. he was also old. this should teach you that prime fighters are much better than old names.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          cottos been done essentially since leaving 147. he really didnt beat anyone healthy/good after that. he was also old. this should teach you that prime fighters are much better than old names.
          Agreed. The cotto that beat Mosley would have murdered Ali

Comment

No that's just the level he's been at for a long time. Trout damn near shut him out.

Comment

Yes my trusted sources from boxingscene.com have informed me that cotto did get paid to lose to ali

Comment

Cotto was old

Ali has skills, last night was just a horrible matchup in a weight class Ali has no business competeting in.

He was beating Vargas til he got clipped

Cotto and Ali were both undersized 154ers, and Ali has skills to fluster an old unmotivated retiring legend

Comment

I doubt it. Cotto is very rich and he is a proud boxer. He just fought a terrible fight. If somebody paid him to lose then why not have him lose by a spectacular KO defeat?

Comment

Cotto was the shiniest most deceiving C+ level fighter in boxing. That's the hard cold truth and I am Puerto Rican.

Comment

Working...
                    X