Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Loma vs Linares for the lineal title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Loma vs Linares for the lineal title?

I didn't notice but Ring Magazine has Linares as the Lineal champion

https://www.******.com/ratings/?weightclass=281

I laugh when someone brings up "lineal"
    How far back are you going to track it? Bare Knuckles? Mesopotamia's Enki vs Babylonia's Baal? It's ridiculous

Comment

Ring champ doesn't equal lineal champ. Sometimes the champ happens to also be lineal but not always. As for if Linares is lineal it is complicated because it depends on if you considered the Linares unification bout with Crolla the #1 vs #2. Most did but some felt it was #1 vs #3. Either way that win made Linares the man at 135 until somebody beats him and in some people's eyes the lineal champ. But many examples of guys who are lineal but not ring champ or vice versa.

Comment

yup it's for the lineal belt. the only belt that matters in boxing. wbc, wbo, ibf, and wba are trash belts. only belt that matter and the only belt that will matter until the end of boxing is the ring lineal belt.

vasyl lomachenko beating linares will solidify him as the #1 best at 135 and #1 p4p.

don't let the haters convince you otherwise.
        Last edited by Divine Hammer; 03-11-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
          How far back are you going to track it? Bare Knuckles? Mesopotamia's Enki vs Babylonia's Baal? It's ridiculous
          it's very simple #1 vs #2 in a division fight. the winner is lineal. no lineage confusion involved. lineal just means the proven #1 champion at the divison at the time. only ignorant people try to track lineage.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
            it's very simple #1 vs #2 in a division fight. the winner is lineal. no lineage confusion involved. lineal just means the proven #1 champion at the divison at the time. only ignorant people try to track lineage.
            Yes but it becomes blurred when a fighter doesn’t lose the title in the ring (Spinks) and/or other fighters in the division achieve more in the meantime

The answer the question - the fight would be for the RING magazine title, but not Lineal. This is because Linares isn’t the lineal champion, and Lomachenko is unranked at 135

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Yes but it becomes blurred when a fighter doesn’t lose the title in the ring (Spinks)
              no it doesn't. u are making it blurred. whats ocnfusing is all these wba and wbc and wbo titles that have super status regular status diamon status silver status.

i don't recognize wbc and wbo and ibf they are trash belts. ring belt is the only belt that tries to keep it true. #1 vs #2 winner becomes a champion. not confusing. nothing about ring or lineal is confusing at all unless u are mentally slow which is nothing wrong and i can feel sorry for u.

wbc wba ibf give away belts for free many many times. trash belts
              Last edited by Divine Hammer; 03-11-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                yup it's for the lineal belt. the only belt that matters in boxing. wbc, wbo, ibf, and wba are trash belts. only belt that matter and the only belt that will matter until the end of boxing is the ring lineal belt.

vasyl lomachenko beating linares will solidify him as the #1 best at 135 and #1 p4p.

don't let the haters convince you otherwise.
                Ring Magazine is trash Golden Boy Promotions Hbo propoganda belt it used to mean something but not anymore in fact all current lineages in modern era trace back to like 2002 or something

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
                  Lol, I'll be surprised if very many people have any idea who you are talking about. I agree though.

Comment

Linares is the Lineal champion (established when he beat Anthony Crolla) and will be on the line against Loma

Originally posted by Fat Dan
                    Besides fighting for Crolla's world title and Linares' symbolic "diamond belt," they will also be squaring off to assume the vacant 135-pound lineal world title, with the winner of the bout on Saturday (AWE and Klowdtv.com, 2:30 p.m. ET) at the Manchester Arena in Crolla's hometown of Manchester, England, earning the right to be called the division's true champion.
                    Source

Comment

Working...
                    X