Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was getting robbed actually a good thing for Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    Think about it.

He beats horn, no biggie.

Getting robbed actually doesn't hurt his resume, gets him public support again.

Him getting robbed puts him back in the public discussion more than whooping horn tbh.

And let's be honest, his name has been going down lately with the mayweather boring loss, lackluster fights, the gay comments, his politics, etc.

Now he gets more rematch money and probably his title back against an easier opppnent. Ups his pr rating for another bigger payday.
    Haha! Good points. For me i think it still would've been better if he got the decision of that kind of fight. If he did, he'd be criticized widey again for not putting on a show and for not knocking horn, no matter which way people will talk. But then again, he can atleast retire with a win. Now he feels like he should continue again which i dont like at all.
    If he won, that was an okay farewell fight already.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      Think about it.

He beats horn, no biggie.

Getting robbed actually doesn't hurt his resume, gets him public support again.

Him getting robbed puts him back in the public discussion more than whooping horn tbh.

And let's be honest, his name has been going down lately with the mayweather boring loss, lackluster fights, the gay comments, his politics, etc.

Now he gets more rematch money and probably his title back against an easier opppnent. Ups his pr rating for another bigger payday.

You're right about that. It also allows Pacquiao the chance to avoid fights against Crawford, Thurman and Spence. Because those guys would annihilate Pacquiao at this stage of his career. It gives Pacquiao the opportunity to close out his career against opposition that is on his level at this point.

What the Horn fight also did is help gain and peak interest in the upcoming Mayweather-McGregor and Cotto-Kamegai fights. Now those fights don't look as bad as they did before Pacquiao's decision loss to Horn.

Comment

fixed, robbed...same stupid **** from Arum

even tho he really won the fight, he should retire...he looked like **** in that fight

that wasn't even the crappy version that beat Jesse Vargas

it was worse...no explosion, couldnt pull the trigger and Mr. Endurance looked gassed

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
          I recommend you go and watch Pac-Cotto after Pac-Horn. It's pretty sad how age deteriorates a fighter.
          He's definitely slowed a lot. No bounce, hardly any combinations, and stamina wasn't the same. But still somewhat formidable if he makes the proper adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            You know, I haven't scored it -- I never do on first watch.

But it was close, my man. Definitely close. An unimpressive performance by Pacquiao but he almost seemed surprised the dude came to fight
            Same had it really close.

Shocked by the robbery outcry.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Same had it really close.

Shocked by the robbery outcry.
              I'm not. It's almost expected at this point, really. It's to be expected from fans. But when the media starts crying it then I'm like, come on. A close fight is not a robbery. And what did you expect fighting an Australian in his backyard. Better cut all ties with your promoter ASAP.

Comment

Working...
              X