Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BJ Saunders keeping door open for Summer Unification?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BJ Saunders keeping door open for Summer Unification?

There was a lot of talk about Saunders and Khurdsitdze in July, but when I really searched the news articles, I didn't see anything about contracts actually being signed. (If I missed this then post it).

Seems to me that, as much as BJ Saunders and Warren hate being lead around by the nose by K2, they are keeping the door open for a Summer unification.

If Chavez wins there is a rematch clause.
    If it's a controversial win, Canelo can give a rematch claiming he doesn't want any doubt. (I want to see a Lara rematch for that reason but whatever).
    If it's a good close fight, then the risk versus reward will probably still go for a rematch.

Basically, unless Canelo wins widely or by knockout, he will rematch or can choose to rematch with Chavez. And since Saunders isn't yet signed, he can finally collect his retirement check against Golovkin.

It's only been a couple weeks, don't expect contracts to even be drafted yet. Also, I wouldn't expect a big fight like GGG vs Saunders to be done at the last minute with little time for promotion.

Also, if Chavez is competitive at all, I expect DLH to use the rematch as leverage in negotiating GG v Canelo (the old "we don't need you we could go do this other fight")

Comment

Working...
    X