Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer plans to return to boxing this summer, likely as a promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

schaefer is a snake. he should be banned from boxing imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      schaefer is a snake. he should be banned from boxing imo.
      Boxing wouldn't exist if it got rid of every snake

Comment

The PBC desperately needs him. Schaefer knows how to promote a fight and build fighters

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I hope Floyd doesn't put all his trust in the former banker Richard Schaefer.

Looking back on it Schaefer really screwed Oscar by letting him think fighters were signed exclusively to GBP when they actually weren't.
          Hmmm, fighters not being signed was standard GBP operations dating back to the beginning of the company. They've always had very few fighters actually signed to them. And many of the fighters signed with GBP that had Haymon as their manager had a key man clause. Meaning if Schaefer (key man) left they were able to be bought out. That clause is standard in a lot of contracts in the business world. And Haymon as a manager wouldn't have been doing his job if he hadn't had that clause. You have Schaefer running the day to day business and the majority owner, Oscar, running around in fishnets and doing coke off hookers asses. Would you put your future in a person like that hands?

Hopkins

"Think about it. Who really ran Golden Boy? I'm not talking about popping up in the office once or twice a year. Who was there, doing the deals, on a day-to-day basis," he continued. ""Oscar's been talking to certain people [Bob Arum]. He's been tweeting. He showed up at Canelo's (Alvarez) camp. OK, he's rededicated, he's gotten himself together, he's burying the hatchet (with Arum). Great. But with him doing all that, is anybody really surprised that this thing with Richard happened? The only thing that's a shock is that it took this long to go down."

The biggest revelation from Hopkins, however, is that he too could be joining Richard Schaefer in his departure from the company. "I'm not under contract to Golden Boy," he explained. "No one has asked me to come here or to stay there. I got my own team, a separate team. When all is said and done, I'm going to evaluate everything and decide to do what's best for Bernard Hopkins. I'm going to try to be fair to everybody, but I got to look out for me first. It's crucial for me to make the right move, whether it's with Richard or with Oscar. I worked too hard to get here to do anything else."
          Shane Mosley also wasn't signed with GBP that's how he was able to get the Pacquiao fight when TR and GBP wasn't making fight together. When Cotto left Top Rank he was on a fight by fight basis with Golden Boy. This idea that Schaefer wasn't resigning fighters is all BS! Golden Boy has always had fighters they worked with on a fight by fight basis and a manager wouldn't be doing his job if he allowed his fighter to be signed with GBP, when their majority owner is a crack head, without a key man clause.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            Hmmm, fighters not being signed was standard GBP operations dating back to the beginning of the company. They've always had very few fighters actually signed to them. And many of the fighters signed with GBP that had Haymon as their manager had a key man clause. Meaning if Schaefer (key man) left they were able to be bought out. That clause is standard in a lot of contracts in the business world. And Haymon as a manager wouldn't have been doing his job if he hadn't had that clause. You have Schaefer running the day to day business and the majority owner, Oscar, running around in fishnets and doing coke off hookers asses. Would you put your future in a person like that hands?

Hopkins

Shane Mosley also wasn't signed with GBP that's how he was able to get the Pacquiao fight when TR and GBP wasn't making fight together. When Cotto left Top Rank he was on a fight by fight basis with Golden Boy. This idea that Schaefer wasn't resigning fighters is all BS! Golden Boy has always had fighters they worked with on a fight by fight basis and a manager wouldn't be doing his job if he allowed his fighter to be signed with GBP, when their majority owner is a crack head, without a key man clause.
            You can say all that, and bring up a manager's job etc....but you'll never see a Top Rank fighter leave the company without it costing the fighter time, money, and court fees. Not unless his contract is up.

Comment

i fully expected it to say for him to return as a woman.

seems to be the trend with older white dudes.

Comment

"Schaefer built GBP from the ground up." -- Floyd Mayweather

Come on Floyd, what are you waiting for? We need you and Schaefer to save boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  You can say all that, and bring up a manager's job etc....but you'll never see a Top Rank fighter leave the company without it costing the fighter time, money, and court fees. Not unless his contract is up.
                  WTF? Floyd, Oscar and JCC Jr all bought their way out of a TR contract. Haymon had to buy his fighters way out of their GBP contracts. The investors in GBP also left when Schaefer left. Nobody wanted to deal with Oscar. These people are not going to put their millions at risk in the hands of a guy like Oscar. Would you work for a crackhead? I'm sure you wouldn't so why do you expect other people to?

Comment

I always liked Richard. He built GBP to what it is today.
                    Oscar was the name but we all knew Richard was the man behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
                      great all we need is another promoter to jump in the game that already has burned bridges and bad blood.

50 cent burned bridges with haymon mayweather
                      toprank is top rank at any given moment they beefin'
                      gbp has bad blood with haymon and mayweather and shaky relationship w/ haymon
                      pbc has stepped on everyone toes and has bas relationship with toprank and shaky one with gbp (still getting sued by gbp)
                      RocNation has bad blood with haymon pbc

sheffer jumps in the game he will have bad blood with hbo, toprank and GBP
                      They all have bad blood. You remember the nasty things Arum said about Oscar? Now they're old friends again.

Comment

Working...
                      X