Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice something funny about Gavin Rees' boxrec stats?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His second fight was also Ernie Smith's second fight. (Ernie went on to amass 161 fights - winning 13 of them - and kill himself in 2010.)

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners
      Stay busy fight for Broner. I'm still wondering why Burns ducked him, only to fight a just as risky fight in Vazquez, which isn't nearly as big a fight really.
      Maybe cause Vazquez has the balls to travel? Now here's my question to you and Broner, why didn't he fight Vazquez instead? Why arent they pursuing Vazquez as much as they pursue Burns?

Btw Boxrec did the same thing with Donaire. He was listed at 5'8" then dropped to 5'5"...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

One more thing, at least Burns and Vazquez are fighting as risky fight as a Broner fight... Cant say the same about Broner tho.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
          One more thing, at least Burns and Vazquez are fighting as risky fight as a Broner fight... Cant say the same about Broner tho.

b...b..b.....b.....b.....b....b...b............... .........b....but it's a stay busy f-fight

Comment

why didn't he fight Vazquez instead? Why arent they pursuing Vazquez as much as they pursue Burns?
            Vasquez team turned down 350k to fight Broner. Its not about the fighters being scared, its their managers and promoters trying to get as much money as they can for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              b...b..b.....b.....b.....b....b...b............... .........b....but it's a stay busy f-fight
              Broner and Mayweather really get under your skin, don't they. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA
                Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

why didn't he fight Vazquez instead? Why arent they pursuing Vazquez as much as they pursue Burns?

Vasquez team turned down 350k to fight Broner. Its not about the fighters being scared, its their managers and promoters trying to get as much money as they can for a fight.
                I only heard one person mention the 350k but that leads to my second question I asked. Why isn't Broner's camp pursuing or talking about Vazquez as much as they do Burns? How come Burns people can offer Vazquez the right money but Broner's people can't? Doest Broner have Haymon, GBP and HBO behind him? What more does he need?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  No. Rees is a stay busy fight for Broner.

Why did Burns duck him??? It was so blatant. Now Burns has a very real chance of losing a one sided decision to Vazquez, a fight just as tough as fighting Broner, and a fight that isn't nearly as big for him.
                  Broner wouldn't fight in the UK, and the financial package for Burns to travel wasn't good enough.

Comment

I only heard one person mention the 350k but that leads to my second question I asked. Why isn't Broner's camp pursuing or talking about Vazquez as much as they do Burns? How come Burns people can offer Vazquez the right money but Broner's people can't? Doest Broner have Haymon, GBP and HBO behind him? What more does he need?

Burns doesn't want to pay US taxes and wants it to be really worth his time to fight in the US. Vasquez side never denied turning down the Broners offer, so that's all we have to go by for now. Vasquez is also taking less to fight Burns that what Broner would want, because they really have no choice. Broner is the draw in those fights, that's just how boxing is. There's a lot of questions that can't be answered. All we can do is sit back and watch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Broner wouldn't fight in the UK, and the financial package for Burns to travel wasn't good enough.
                      Neither side trusts each other, which really makes things difficult. If there was a huge demand for that fight, it would have been made.

Comment

Working...
                      X