This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    City were a two man team get over yourself..

Kompany and Aguero or bust
    If forced to pick I think most City fans would put Yaya and Silva as the 2 most important but thanks for proving my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      He's of Nigerian heritage.

Basically he's Jay Jay Okocha's nephew.
      Okocha,you bringing back some great memories,Nigeria in the World cup in the us in 94

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        City have consistently scored more team goals and played the highest quality passing football of team in the country for years now (before that Arsenal), including the 2 title winning seasons.

United are categorically nowhere near the same quality of those 2 title winning teams, individually or collectively. Literally every position apart from GK they're less experienced and generally worse off.
        In both title season wins, there wasn't a team close to Man City volume of quality players.

I would still argue a lack of identity and cohesion. Due to Mancini being clueless realistically. He just bought talent and said go play. Pellegrini was a more astute tactition and had City playing much better.

Then with players like Nasri and Yaya who show up when they want but when they do, it was like an automatic goal outcome.

No club was on par like that. For those two seasons.

United are the same way right now. Like for real. Name a starter on that side who is actually terrible.

We get on Pogba all the time bu He's not actually truly terrible. I mean truly subpar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          How is that bum Giroud starting over Griezmann and Lacazette??
          He is absolutely trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            In both title season wins, there wasn't a team close to Man City volume of quality players.

I would still argue a lack of identity and cohesion. Due to Mancini being clueless realistically. He just bought talent and said go play. Pellegrini was a more astute tactition and had City playing much better.

Then with players like Nasri and Yaya who show up when they want but when they do, it was like an automatic goal outcome.

No club was on par like that. For those two seasons.

United are the same way right now. Like for real. Name a starter on that side who is actually terrible.

We get on Pogba all the time bu He's not actually truly terrible. I mean truly subpar.
            Backwards. Pellegrini is one of the worst tactical minds I've ever seen. Played a 4-4-2 against Barca with Wilfried Bony up top. There's a reason he can't get a job.

Our tactics were spot on under Mancini for the most part. Yaya would still be an underwhelming holding midfielder without Mancini reinventing him.

United aren't the same way at all, the calibre of player and style of play is proven to be nowhere near as nice to watch or effective.

Herrera/Darmian/Smalling/Fellaini/Lingard regularly start. Even Rashford/Martial/Mata (1 top 4 finish ever is it?) have nowhere near the pedigree you'd need to win leagues. They're levels apart in quality from City even now, never mind the sides that won leagues.

Comment

• Ronaldo confirmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post

Ronaldo confirmed.
                Wonder what realistically it would take to sign him?

Comment

• Comment

• I hope we'll sign Mbappe. I don't think I have seen a bigger forward talent emerge in the last 10 years, possibly with the exception of Neymar. The likeness to Thierry Henry is downright scary. If there ever was a footballer out there who was tailor made for everything Wenger aspires to achieve on a football field...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Volcano View Post
                      I hope we'll sign Mbappe. I don't think I have seen a bigger forward talent emerge in the last 10 years, possibly with the exception of Neymar. The likeness to Thierry Henry is downright scary. If there ever was a footballer out there who was tailor made for everything Wenger aspires to achieve on a football field...
                      Let me introduce you to a certain Mr Benjamin Woodburn. If you think Mbappes good wait till you see this kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X