Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vazquez To Broner: Burns Won't Happen, I'm Ready Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    He hits much harder than the guys he is facing and he didn't really have anything to fear from them. DeMarco tagged him flush several times and left a mark under his right eye. A bigger, stronger guy would have made him think twice about attacking in certain situations.

I could not imagine the guy sitting there inching in against Matthysee for instance as Lucas is dropping bombs on him. His entire style would have to change to incorporate more movement. Against a guy like Khan would be throwing 4 punch combinations at will, maybe not landing too many but that stuff scores in the eyes of the judges, especially if all you are doing is blocking.

Same thing with Nonito....he is getting to the point where he should think very carefully about how far up he is willing to move in weight. These guys are physically bigger than the guys in their weight divisions.

I really don't see how Donaire was making the weights he was making fighting under 120 pounds and such. Sure they are skilled but they haven't taken punches from bigger guys before.

Broner is on the verge of entering a division where there are some very hard punching guys, guys that can KO you with one punch. I know that can happen at any level but these guys are dropping 140 and 147 pound guys.

Nonito is much more mobile than Broner is though so I think he would fare better at the higher weights.
    As he moves up I expect Broner to definitely tweak his style to avoid getting hit as much. In against Lucas I'd expect him to do what zab did. And since he is much youndger and more professional than zab I expect Broner to have the stamina to keep out of the way.

I think Broner will work his way into 140 and surprise a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      Obviously Burn's and Abril would rather fight other people than Broner.

Broner should just unify against the only man that want's to fight him at 135, Vasquez. If Broner doesn't fight Vasquez for the lineal title before he jump's up to 140 everybody's gonna take it as a duck, and rightfully so.

Will Broner man up and fight the #1 lightweight in the world?
      Excuse my interruption and Im sorry for bursting your bubble but it was Abril's people looking for Broner not the other way around. GBP obviously had/have a different plan for Abril.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        As he moves up I expect Broner to definitely tweak his style to avoid getting hit as much. In against Lucas I'd expect him to do what zab did. And since he is much youndger and more professional than zab I expect Broner to have the stamina to keep out of the way.

I think Broner will work his way into 140 and surprise a lot of people.
        Broner missed weight and didn't even bother to sweat it off, just saying. And don't give me the "he was too big for the weight class" bs cause Rios is a fat ass and at least attempted to sweat it off. If you think Broner is a professional than you're pretty blind.

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
          Broner will KO Vasquez, he should be careful what he's asking for with his measily KO ratio I don't know how he is supposed to pressure and hurt Broner. He's another Eloy waiting to happen.
          so by watching his fights you came to the conclusion that Vasquez is a pressure fighter WTF

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
            so by watching his fights you came to the conclusion that Vasquez is a pressure fighter WTF
            No I'm aware that most people think that the best way to beat Broner is to come forward and put some pressure on him.
            But Vasquez is slow and has no power. Broner will get him out of there inside of 9.

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
              No I'm aware that most people think that the best way to beat Broner is to come forward and put some pressure on him.
              But Vasquez is slow and has no power. Broner will get him out of there inside of 9.
              Did you see how lost was Broner against guys like Quintero and Ponce?, multiply that for 10 fighting Vázquez.

Comment

Vasquez fights nothing like Ponce. They are not similar in the least.

Comment

so whats the word has Broner man up you got a guy waiting to figth him when everybody is scare to figth him

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Vasquez fights nothing like Ponce. They are not similar in the least.
                    Not the same but the tactics used share a lot in common.

Comment

Working...
                    X