No announcement yet.

Jerwin Ancajas vs Jamie Conlan 18/11 Belfast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerwin Ancajas vs Jamie Conlan 18/11 Belfast

On Framptons undercard. Think a step too far for Conlan, though probably be another war, getting off the floor multiple times, as he do. Presume this means the Inoue/Ancajas unification aint happening at the end of the year

Tete also on their, but like Frampton both still TBA

Conlan is getting sparked. Entertaining fighter but doesn't belong anywhere near world level. Rex Tso was a more beatable target but I guess he might have to go to China for that and it also doesn't seem like Inoue's in as much of a hurry to move up as previously thought

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      Conlan is getting sparked. Entertaining fighter but doesn't belong anywhere near world level. Rex Tso was a more beatable target but I guess he might have to go to China for that and it also doesn't seem like Inoue's in as much of a hurry to move up as previously thought
      My biggest worry is that Conlan is tough enough to draw this out. Ancajas doesnt seem to be a one punch banger.

Could be a really dangerous match up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        My biggest worry is that Conlan is tough enough to draw this out. Ancajas doesnt seem to be a one punch banger.

He's been put down by much lesser fighters so I expect it to be wrapped up fairly quickly to be honest. I think it'll be less competitive than Casimero vs Edwards. Look how much trouble Conlan had with Granados and Cardoza, two bang average journeymen who routinely take losses against other journeymen and even debutants in the case of Cardoza

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

He will more than likely be down multiple times but it's his willingness to get up and keep fighting that i like about him, if you ask his team and people close to him they'll tell you he makes things hard for himself as he is actually a fantastic, neat little boxer, he just doesn't show it most of the time and would rather have a tear up, this should be a war!

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
            He will more than likely be down multiple times but it's his willingness to get up and keep fighting that i like about him, if you ask his team and people close to him they'll tell you he makes things hard for himself as he is actually a fantastic, neat little boxer, he just doesn't show it most of the time and would rather have a tear up, this should be a war!
            Sorry but I don't buy it. His defence is abysmal. He tried to box sensibly against Cardoza but couldn't maintain it

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              Sorry but I don't buy it. His defence is abysmal. He tried to box sensibly against Cardoza but couldn't maintain it
              I agree from what I've seen of him in the pro's but his team are always saying this post fights, probably the reason he was kept away from Paul Butler when he was at Super fly and now being kept away from Yafai. He seems to have been fighting eliminators and stay busy fights for the last 2 or so years, maybe he will up his game now that he is getting a title shot

Comment

Working...
              X