Calzaghe pulls out...again!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
    No, thanks.....we don't want him.

Calzaghe's a entertaining fighter, he just need some decent opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Midas

Calzaghe's a entertaining fighter, he just need some decent opponents.
      He's been in the spotlight for how long now (?), & has yet to make a significant move .

Most American fight fans will watch him....in hopes of seeing him get KO'd.
      I'm one of them.

Comment

He's been in the spotlight for how long now (?), & has yet to make a significant move .

Most American fight fans will watch him....in hopes of seeing him get KO'd.
        I'm one of them.
        Calzaghe beat the best guy some years ago but he hasnt done much since. Ottke was the only person he could fight and he kept bitching out, now he's retired!!

The best he could fight a super middle is Green(i'd like that fight) and Lacy(a 17 fight novice)

I just hope he moves up weight and fights someone good, i know Americans(for some reason ) like a champ to fight in the US, so i'd like him to go there and change your mind.

He's not blessed with skill but he's definitly a world class fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by dustymoo
          Tarver, Johnson, maybe even beat Ottke up again for a laugh, he might be more up for it?
          He certainly doesn't deserve to fight Glen Johnson. He pulled out of a Johnson fight twice, and now that Glen's hot he wants to fight him. If I was Johnson I'd laugh in his face

Comment

Originally posted by Atman
            He certainly doesn't deserve to fight Glen Johnson. He pulled out of a Johnson fight twice, and now that Glen's hot he wants to fight him. If I was Johnson I'd laugh in his face
            Johnson pulled out the second time to fight rjj, at least Calzaghe pulled out though an "injury". If Calzaghe doesnt deserve a shot at Johnson then boxing is ****ed up!!

He obviously deserves a shot at his title, Johnsons had a good year but Calzaghe's had a good career, Johnson's a journeyman come good and Calzaghe has ruled a division for years.

Johnson vs Calzaghe is a good fight, i'm sure Johnson will do it for the money.

Comment

Personally, I don't think there's any significant fights for Johnson other than a Tarver rematch or a fight against Calzaghe. But he'd probably want serious cash and some up front to face Calzaghe and Frank is unlikely to agree to that.

Calzaghe definitely had a lot of talent and I was once hopeful he'd achieve great things, but his career has gone down the drain. I reckon he's past his best now, not that it matters with the calibre of opposition he's been facing.

Comment

Joe`s had hand problems his whole career, it stems from the force he puts behind the blows. If he boxed more he may not be injured as much, i wish he`d stop fighting for teh fans and trying to get a KO and thought about himself a bit more and his career. We know Joe`s power, no one has ever bounced Chris Eubank around a ring untill Joe fought him. He also smashed Omar Shekia up quite easy too. He does deserve his mega fight but no one will go near him, he is too much of a risk!

Comment

At last, someone who knows something about Calzaghe (Kimmy). Johnson pulled out the Calzaghe fight, not the other way around. Like Kimmy said, it is far too much of a risk for the likes of Johnson, Tarver, and even Jones Jr has done his ducking. Not for the money they will receive. So they continue to fight among themselves for mega money.

Comment

No fighter in the world fears Joe Calzaghe.
                    Just not possible.

He's been "ducked" by no one.

Comment

No fighter in the world fears Joe Calzaghe.
                      Just not possible.

He's been "ducked" by no one.
                      Hopkins, Ottke ???

Comment

Working...
                      X