Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Highest Weight Class in Which you See Adrien Broner Winning a World Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Highest Weight Class in Which you See Adrien Broner Winning a World Title?

AND REMAIN UNDEFEATED

Obviously, there are many things like who he decides to fight, robberies, what have you that may take place along the way.

Let's just say he goes up in weight and fights the nothing but top 5 ranked guys in each division. Do you think he will take a loss at 135, 140, 147, 154?

I believe he will win titles up to 147 and maybe get one at 154, BUT I think he will take a loss somewhere down the road. IMO, at 147 by the time he gets there, he will have a lot of company. IMO, he will stay at 135 long enough for the guys at 140 to move to 147.

What say you?
    6.67%
    11.11%
    46.67%
    26.67%
    8.89%

The poll is expired.

I can see him going up to 154..he is a pretty big guy for his weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
      I can see him going up to 154..he is a pretty big guy for his weight class.
      I see him going to 154 as well. BUT, do you think he is capable of making it there not only UNDEFEATED but fighting the top guys in each division along the way?

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
        I see him going to 154 as well. BUT, do you think he is capable of making it there not only UNDEFEATED but fighting the top guys in each division along the way?
        Hmm..if it were to happen now..you have Canelo,Trout,K9,Thurman just to mention a few off the top of my head..I think he can fight at 154 but there is no way he remains undefeated. Just my opinion.

Comment

He'll go to 154. The first place we could see Broner lose is 140 though.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
            Hmm..if it were to happen now..you have Canelo,Trout,K9,Thurman just to mention a few off the top of my head..I think he can fight at 154 but there is no way he remains undefeated. Just my opinion.
            I'm talking over the entire span of his career, which he has at least 10 maybe 15 years in him, who knows. The guys at 154 now, surely won't be there, especially the ones you named. Canelo, Thurman and Trout, will likely be at 160. K9 won't be around then.

I don't see him being able to clean out 147 in a few years without taking a loss. You have the guys there now, the 140 pounders who will be there when Broner likely is to be there, and then the wild cards like guys who come out of nowhere, and prospects who might be flying under the radar at the moment, but in 5 years time might be the next big thing.

Comment

147.maybe 154

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                He'll go to 154. The first place we could see Broner lose is 140 though.
                I think as Broner goes up his style will become more defensive and less offensive which should help keep him undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                  I'm talking over the entire span of his career, which he has at least 10 maybe 15 years in him, who knows. The guys at 154 now, surely won't be there, especially the ones you named. Canelo, Thurman and Trout, will likely be at 160. K9 won't be around then.

I don't see him being able to clean out 147 in a few years without taking a loss. You have the guys there now, the 140 pounders who will be there when Broner likely is to be there, and then the wild cards like guys who come out of nowhere, and prospects who might be flying under the radar at the moment, but in 5 years time might be the next big thing.
                  Thats hard to tell, Im going by what I see now..depending on how his habbits are he might be at 147 pretty soon. Thurman is young and he said he will fight anyone from 147-154. I dont think Broner can beat Thurman. But Broner is technically sound..I just havent seen him in there with anyone that can bang..

Comment

He's like 5'8"...I don't ever see him fighting at 154. Once you hit 135 you have to start fighting man sized opponents (which is why Donaire is pissing his pants at going to 126 even). The irrelevant midget divisions don't matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X