Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather will never have a GREAT win......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
    He never ducked anyone homie. Bob said it out his own mouth in a 2006 interview with dan rafeil which you can find on espn website. Bob said floyd agreed to fight margo for 8 8 8 mill if bob could garuntee him cotto for 10, hatton for 10 and de la hoya for 20. Bob said no, not floyd.
    Wrong. Mayweather pretended he didn't even know who Margarito was, and then started calling him a cheater after the wraps thing. Then he stated that Cotto was "too far away in Puerto Rico".

He's ducked a prime Cotto, Margarito and Pac.

Comment

He never ducked anyone homie. Bob said it out his own mouth in a 2006 interview with dan rafeil which you can find on espn website. Bob said floyd agreed to fight margo for 8 8 8 mill if bob could garuntee him cotto for 10, hatton for 10 and de la hoya for 20. Bob said no, not floyd.
      you probably should ask yourself how could arum possibly guarantee him all that money when his previous career high was 5 million. 10 million to fight 140 pound cotto who was still fighting on hbo undercards? get real. 20 mill to fight hoya? floyd only got 10 mill guarantee when the actual fight happened. it's called pricing yourself out. floyd "would" have fought them "but" he made a list of insane demands. we've seen this scenario before. if floyd asked for 500 million to fight canelo i guess canelo would be ducking him if he didn't give him it?

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        the only win that he could have had that would have been better than corralles/castillo/hernandez is manny. and that may still happen, even tho i doubt it. hes had a great career. ppl just doesnt know what it means to have a great career.
        not really , had he beaten kostya tsu , that woulda beeen helll of a lot better than a corrales imo..had he beat cotto pre margarito , that woulda been way better win than a corrales..had he beaten margo pre pwill, that woulda been a greater win than a corrales...again , floyd has had a greeat career no doubt but it could've been better....

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
          Wrong. Mayweather pretended he didn't even know who Margarito was, and then started calling him a cheater after the wraps thing. Then he stated that Cotto was "too far away in Puerto Rico".

He's ducked a prime Cotto, Margarito and Pac.
          how does he duck a fighter hes never been in talks to fight? that doesnt even make sense. stop regurgitating the same stuff over. cotto even stated the two never came close to a fight. learn the definition of a duck

Comment

Im not saying personally foyd has no great wins, i know for a fact he does. Im saying he is jugded so highly that he isnt given the same credit for his wins as other fighters get for their so-called "GREAT" wins.

We do know how to read right people ? Its called english comprehension. Learn to understand what your reading.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
              not really , had he beaten kostya tsu , that woulda beeen helll of a lot better than a corrales imo..had he beat cotto pre margarito , that woulda been way better win than a corrales..had he beaten margo pre pwill, that woulda been a greater win than a corrales...again , floyd has had a greeat career no doubt but it could've been better....
              his window for beating tszyu? 1 year. why the fight never happened? the two were on opposite networks (hbo for floyd, showtime for tszyu). floyd got to 140, won a title at about the same time tszyu got koed by hatton and retired. there was never any opportunity for floyd to realistically fight tszyu.

Comment

how does he duck a fighter hes never been in talks to fight? that doesnt even make sense. stop regurgitating the same stuff over. cotto even stated the two never came close to a fight. learn the definition of a duck
                bro, i never said he ducked anyone..all i said was what wins could've enhanced floyd's career, thats all

Comment

his window for beating tszyu? 1 year. why the fight never happened? the two were on opposite networks (hbo for floyd, showtime for tszyu). floyd got to 140, won a title at about the same time tszyu got koed by hatton and retired. there was never any opportunity for floyd to realistically fight tszyu.
                  when did i say or implied floyd ducked kostya?

Comment

Im not saying personally foyd has no great wins, i know for a fact he does. Im saying he is jugded so highly that he isnt given the same credit for his wins as other fighters get for their so-called "GREAT" wins.

We do know how to read right people ? Its called english comprehension. Learn to understand what your reading.
                    I think you meant you're instead of your.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                      when did i say or implied floyd ducked kostya?
                      thats not my point. the point is tszyu and floyd had a 1 year opportunity in which they shared the same weight class. they were both committed to different networks and tszyu lost and retired. there was no realistic opportunity for floyd to fight the man.

Comment

Working...
                      X