Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum and Roach's response: "We’re not going to agree to have Manny's blood tested"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yeks View Post
    too late for what?

if he founds guilty, he will be stripped of the win and his name will be forever linked to hall of shame.. his ATG status will go down the sink..

immediately after the bout w/c pac suggest is the best for both fighters IMHO..
    Exactly.

Too late for what?

Comment

[QUOTE=goldenglove2;7047725]exactelty what? how bout havn their sparring video taped during training camp?

You're really going to compare that to testing for PED. Dumb.

Floyd wont pac does....

You're really going to compare that to testing for PED? Dumb.

Comment

Just to make things clear, manny is willing to get his blood tested at the beginning of training camp and the minute right after the fight, and he is also willing to get urine tested everyday for 3months, 24/7 during training camp. What he doesn't want is the process of extracting blood from his body during training and specially 48hrs before the fight itself. You have to understand, me a filipino myself and a superstitious person as well, because of our culture or the way we were brought up by our elders, we dare not go against what is normal in our daily lives. And to extract one's blood through a needle and vile is not normal in nature. It's like extracting an important part of your body, and to manny the very source of his energy. Manny readily accepted to go through the test immediately after floyd requested it, i think it is only fair that they compromise on how to go about it. A blood test right after the fight and a 24/7 urine test while in training camp is i think very fair to me..

Comment

dude's not scared of needles... he's got tattoos, which are made from needles, lol

Comment

Originally posted by pac oww View Post
            Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum said the demand is “absolutely crazy,” done simply to harass Pacquiao, who is squeamish about needles, and is proof that Mayweather doesn’t really want the fight.

Arum said the request has been an unsettled issue since the first day of negotiations last month.

“We’re not going to agree to have Manny give blood in training, because that’s stupid,” Arum said. “Every doctor in the world will tell you that is stupid. He’ll give his blood at the beginning of the year and he’s willing to be urine-tested 24/7, but blood doesn’t show [expletive] and he’s not going to do it.”

Arum said Pacquiao is willing to submit to testing by an outside agency but won’t give his blood. Roach said it’s an issue because Mayweather’s side has been insisting Pacquiao give blood as close as 48 hours within the fight.

“We’ll accommodate their requests and do urine testing up the wazoo and we’ll agree to have them done by an outside agency,” Arum said. “Manny has nothing to hide. But he’s not going to give blood because that’s crazy. He’ll do it at the beginning and he’ll do it at the end. That’s how it is done. Ask some former Olympic boxers how many times they give blood.”

“I really don’t care, because Manny doesn’t need Floyd Mayweather,” Roach said. “The tests he’s requesting are not commission tests, they’re not boxing tests and this is not an Olympic sport. A urine test is just as qualified as a blood test. [Human growth hormone] is not detected by blood or urine.”

The World Anti-Doping Agency successfully used blood testing at the 2004 Olympics in Athens to test for HGH.

Source:http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

and www.mayweatherfans.com

A game of chicken....Arum will win it.
            Manny's been exposed as a cheat

Comment

Originally posted by beanstalk View Post
              some people just don't understand.. Pac actually agreed to be blood-tested IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE FIGHT, and 30 days before the fight. Plus random urine testing anytime they want.

so whatever he's hiding as some people may be thinking, IS GONNA SHOW UP..

Pac has agreed, but not just in their own terms of probably being so close BEFORE the fight.
              This.

Read the article. He will do it, but he just doesn't want it done directly before the fight. That I can understand.

Now if he won't do drug testing altogether, then you can raise questions.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                It's not simply, taking a test. Drawing blood can affect your performance. I know, if I get blood drawn outta my arm, the next day, I can't curl for ****. It's sore as fuk. I'm not saying it's major, but maybe enough to play against him in his mind or something. It's just stupid and the best way for Mayweather to back out of the fight while saying to everyone, Pac is on steroids. It's sad the level Mayweather brings boxing down to, yet his fans are ok with it all.
                floyd is gonna go thru the same tests.... so what now?
                you cant tell me that it will affect manny because floyd will get tested too

Comment

Working...
                X