Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Marriaga on 8/5, Crawford-Indongo on 8/19 - ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    Who's next though? Assuming Garcia beats broner he will move back down. If broner wins that will be a good fight however.
    I see no harm whatsoever in a fighter who can truly call himself THE CHAMP. He is young enough to stay undisputed champ for a couple years and then move up if he wants to. Being the champ will make him the go to man. We have Prograis and Lipinets on the rise. Easter Jr will outgrow lightweight soon. Mikey will be in the picture. We got Rances Barthelemy there. Lots of possible matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      1st time since 2004!!!
      2004 for super lightweight

2006 for any weight class.

Jermaine Taylor- Middle
      Zab Judah- Welter
      O'Neil Bell- Cruiser

We're the last in 06

Comment

All the credible opponents hypejob Lomo could've faced instead of another bum in order of weightclass:

Rigo
        Valdez
        Santa Cruz
        Frampton
        Russell Jr. (not a strong case for a rematch but still a much better fight than Marriaga)
        Davis
        Berchelt
        Corrales
        Mikey
        Linares
        Easter Jr.
        Crawford

If Rigo was willing to move up 2 weight classes to test his greatness and Brook did too, then this supposed "P4P #1" hypejob should have no problems facing Crawford instead of another undersized bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint First View Post
          All the credible opponents hypejob Lomo could've faced instead of another bum in order of weightclass:

Rigo
          Valdez
          Santa Cruz
          Frampton
          Russell Jr. (not a strong case for a rematch but still a much better fight than Marriaga)
          Davis
          Berchelt
          Corrales
          Mikey
          Linares
          Easter Jr.
          Crawford

If Rigo was willing to move up 2 weight classes to test his greatness and Brook did too, then this supposed "P4P #1" hypejob should have no problems facing Crawford instead of another undersized bum.
          And not just that but he's bringing someone ELSE up one weight to fight.

Comment

This is awesome for boxing! Loma and Crawford, for free! I really hope this deal with ESPN is a long term venture, Arum could make so many new stars using the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
              Stay ducking Rigo you fraud
              How is he a fraud?

Comment

Originally posted by Feint First View Post

Rigo
                Valdez
                Santa Cruz
                Frampton
                Davis
                Berchelt
                Corrales
                Mikey
                Linares
                Easter Jr.
                Crawford

So now he had to go face Crawford? U can't make this sh#t up lol.

Yes the guy hes fighting im not down but ur dumb post abt him having to face Crawford is funny. How many weight classes did Rigo fought in so far? How many did Loma? Don't make urself look dumb again my man

Comment

Marriaga WHO ? lmao now tell me he aint ducking noone

Comment

I know we all wanted the Rigo fight but look at reality. #1 a fight of that magnitude is very unlikely to be on that short of notice. #2 it's Loma's first fight on ESPN, and Bob wants to showcase him. Thus Marriaga. As for Salido -- it doesn't look like that's ever happening for Loma at this point. I think it was kind of now or never for that fight.

Look, IF Team Lomachenko follows up this Marriaga showcase with another showcase level opponent, then I'll question them.

But come on...y'all are nuts that think you can put together a fight on the level of Lomachenko/Rigondeaux, get the f**king contract done, and have them fighting in like 35 days from now...that's pure f**king fantasy.

Bob's gonna showcase Lomachenko in his first ESPN fight and then let's see what he does next. This Rigondeaux fight can be revisited after Marriaga.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                      So now he had to go face Crawford? U can't make this sh#t up lol.

Yes the guy hes fighting im not down but ur dumb post abt him having to face Crawford is funny. How many weight classes did Rigo fought in so far? How many did Loma? Don't make urself look dumb again my man
                      Crawford was ONE option since they're both promoted by grandpa Bob and both didn't have other fights lined up yet.

Did you just see the last sentence and not read the entire rest of my post???

I just gave you 11 other good opponents other than Crawford that Lomo could've faced and not been considered a ducking hypejob.

Comment

Working...
                      X