Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have to boast about Amatuer accomplishments then you havent done much as a pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    Honestly how many ATG'S ever talk about amateur accomplishments?? do you even know Ali's amateur record?? or even care?? if you have to keep mentioning Amateur **** for a fighter you support then their resume is thinner then wet paper
    One of the greatest trainers accentuated the importance of an amateur background: Emanuel Steward

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
      Then why have Amateur Boxing? Everything counts for something. A MLB player doesn't discount his minor league, or college play. A NFL/NBA player doesn't act like his college play meant nothing.
      Everything counts, at some level.
      If you think amateur boxing's only merit is bragging rights then you're missing out on the whole point.
      The subject of the thread is people bringing up amateur records only when it's convenient. Like "Loma doesn't even have 10 pro fights" as an excuse but the same people say, "He's so experienced he has 400 amateur fights".

I'm saying, they aren't parallel and amateur fights don't validate a pro resume.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
        it's cool when people talk about ward being undefended since he was 10 or some **** tho. Fan boys will be fan boys.
        no one even talks about that..we mention his pro wins man

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          tell that to the fans who say wilders bronze medal is proof of his boxing ability, oh and ive lost count of how many times wards gold medal is mentioned on here....
          literally no one mentions Wilders Bronze medal nor acts like he is great..and show me the threads and posts about Wards gold medal...we praise his pro accomplishments son

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            no one even talks about that..we mention his pro wins man
            Cool...just cuz you don't bring it up, doesn't mean others don't. Loma is starting to build a good resume, a great resume for 10 fights, but an amateur record like that can't be ignored. If not for nothing, just the insanity of only losing 1 fight in over 300. I'm in awe of it purely as a stat, not cuz it has anything to do with his pro career.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              If you think amateur boxing's only merit is bragging rights then you're missing out on the whole point.
              The subject of the thread is people bringing up amateur records only when it's convenient. Like "Loma doesn't even have 10 pro fights" as an excuse but the same people say, "He's so experienced he has 400 amateur fights".

I'm saying, they aren't parallel and amateur fights don't validate a pro resume.
              Oh I wasn't referring to any particular Boxer. I just meant in general, Amateur Boxing is important too.

Comment

Why beat around the bush, just say what you really wanted to say. Another GGG diss thread.

Comment

Working...
                X