No announcement yet.

Masters of AGGRESSIVE Counterpunching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masters of AGGRESSIVE Counterpunching

who are the best fighters at aggressively counterpunching? Please send all recommendations this way.

- -Archie Moore a master of counter punching in that stylistically he set up the punch in advance, like a baited rat trap.

Holds the a time record for KOs, several that can be seen on video.

Comment

I personally feel Canelo Alverez is becoming better and better at masterful aggressive counter punching.

Comment

Canelo is the current one. Juan Francisco Estrada has it in him as well but Canelo can do it coming forward as well.

But before him, JMM comes to mind as an aggressive counter puncher. Naz in a way also.

Bute though not on their levels also had the ability to come forward and really make you pay with the counter left and not let you off the hook when off the counter. Didnt have the temperament as the others but from memory, I saw him that way. Could be wrong.

Does Tyson count?
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-12-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

The Great Bernard Hopkins was one of the best i ever seen when it came to aggressive counterpuncher

Comment

Though he isn't really viewed as a counter puncher I think Joe Louis fits the bill. He isn't a defensive master, as most counter punchers are viewed as, but in a lot of his fights he is aggressive in his ring generalship- yet often times lets them go first looking to counter. And when he did counter....WOW!

Comment

Roberto Duran is far and away the number 1 here for me.
              Jose Napoles, Orlando Canizales deserve mentions.

Comment

In this category I would like to nominate the brilliant Naoya Inoue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkvAME5-VIM

Comment

Let me add Qawi tothe list.

Comment

Ezzard Charles
                    James Toney
                    Ancient Archie Moore
                    Chico Corales

Comment

Working...
                    X