No announcement yet.

Sad truth about opioid epidemic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad truth about opioid epidemic

It's a sign of a general feeling of hopelessness and misery among the lower middle class.

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
    It's a sign of a general feeling of hopelessness and misery among the lower middle class.
    I'm noticing now after being subjected to years of relative isolation, then going out into the world again, and ultimately followed by more isolation that life is pretty darn boring. A lot of people just use drugs as a way out. If suicide were something painless, this planet would be empty, too.

It's kinda like the Joker. Even if I were to have a lil bit of money, I wouldn't know what to do with it. What am I supposed to do? Go to the theater? I could rent a movie and watch it at home more comfortably, and avoid being surrounded by judgmental people or being stiffed for money by companies. A restaurant? Same thing. My gf could make better food for much cheaper, and it'd last longer, too. Who's going to pay 60 dollars just to eat a plate of food, man? Are we morons or something?

Only way anything would change for me is if I had lots of money and could buy land. Even then, land is only great because it keeps you away from people, like psycho neighbors. I'd like to have land, keep away from society, grow my own food, and just run through the forests like Wilder. It'd be a semi-peaceful way of going out.

Other than that, I don't know, man. There's just nothing to do on Earth. Traveling might only be good for exploring nature, because people are people anywhere you go. Cultures change, but the essence of humanity does not.

There's just no reason to be here. It's a big waste of time. I already realize that I'm in the "loser" category of life, which most people are, whether they accept/know it or not. That's basically it for me. There's no purpose. So why am I around? That's why I say the universe is evil.
    Last edited by todisday; 02-11-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by todisday View Post
      I'm noticing now after being subjected to years of relative isolation, then going out into the world again, and ultimately followed by more isolation that life is pretty darn boring. A lot of people just use drugs as a way out. If suicide were something painless, this planet would be empty, too.

It's kinda like the Joker. Even if I were to have a lil bit of money, I wouldn't know what to do with it. What am I supposed to do? Go to the theater? I could rent a movie and watch it at home more comfortably, and avoid being surrounded by judgmental people or being stiffed for money by companies. A restaurant? Same thing. My gf could make better food for much cheaper, and it'd last longer, too. Who's going to pay 60 dollars just to eat a plate of food, man? Are we morons or something?

Only way anything would change for me is if I had lots of money and could buy land. Even then, land is only great because it keeps you away from people, like psycho neighbors. I'd like to have land, keep away from society, grow my own food, and just run through the forests like Wilder. It'd be a semi-peaceful way of going out.

Other than that, I don't know, man. There's just nothing to do on Earth. Traveling might only be good for exploring nature, because people are people anywhere you go. Cultures change, but the essence of humanity does not.

There's just no reason to be here. It's a big waste of time. I already realize that I'm in the "loser" category of life, which most people are, whether they accept/know it or not. That's basically it for me. There's no purpose. So why am I around? That's why I say the universe is evil.
      Those are some solid thoughts. I think that too, that a lot of what people do is just to distract them from how pointless and helpless their existence is.

Comment

Those are some solid thoughts. I think that too, that a lot of what people do is just to distract them from how pointless and helpless their existence is.
        Exactly, man. From drugs, religion, greed, to even women, people are just looking for distractions from reality. Reality is when you're sitting there lonely and without purpose, yet knowing that people are no good. Everyone runs away from that. Living is like a waiting room at a doctor's office; people don't want that feeling.

Comment

Opioid epidemic is just Darwinism at its finest. If you are dumb enough to try it, then please go die

Comment

Yeah them poor white kids feel so bad they boiler can only heat water for 10 minutes at a time so they pop them pills to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Opioid epidemic is just Darwinism at its finest. If you are dumb enough to try it, then please go die
              I agree. No sympathy for drug addicts. I do feel bad for the families though.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I agree. No sympathy for drug addicts. I do feel bad for the families though.
                To be fair to some, some were handed a prescription by a doctor who said, "these are what you need." Borderline malpractice, really.

Our society Godifies doctors and people treat their word like God himself said it.

Comment

To be fair to some, some were handed a prescription by a doctor who said, "these are what you need." Borderline malpractice, really.

Our society Godifies doctors and people treat their word like God himself said it.
                  Very few bud. Go try to get a script and let us know how it goes. Those days are over.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                    Very few bud. Go try to get a script and let us know how it goes. Those days are over.

Well yeah and it's good that it's heading that way.

I guess a similar thing happened with barbiturates and benzos a few decades ago.

Once all the dangers were publicly known things changed.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Error

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
                    Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.