Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McCracken: I'd Like Anthony Joshua To Stay Around This Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McCracken: I'd Like Anthony Joshua To Stay Around This Weight

Now that Anthony Joshua has regained his heavyweight titles, his trainer intends to keep him around the weight at which he defeated Andy Ruiz Jr. By weighing in at 237 pounds for their immediate rematch, the 6-feet-6 Joshua was better able to execute a game plan predicated on him jabbing and moving against a dangerous opponent who upset him by technical knockout in their first fight. The British superstar stayed behind his jab for much of their 12-round fight and mostly moved out of Ruiz's punching range en route to winning a unanimous decision Saturday night at Diriyah Arena in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They are going to be even more careful matching him from here on in . I would be surprised if he is the same fighter he was before Ruiz. Forget Wilder. Will not see that soon, if ever. Hearn will spout all kinds of nonsense how Wilder has no fans, brings nothing to the table and Joshua will do better fighting others. He is a grade A bull artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk087 View Post
      They are going to be even more careful matching him from here on in . I would be surprised if he is the same fighter he was before Ruiz. Forget Wilder. Will not see that soon, if ever. Hearn will spout all kinds of nonsense how Wilder has no fans, brings nothing to the table and Joshua will do better fighting others. He is a grade A bull artist.
      Relax, Wilder isn't going to be getting any more $100million offers to fight AJ for you to worry about.

Comment

Sounds good from what McCracken is explaining from the sparring sessions and Joshua's energy levels. Between mid 230's and low 240's is probably Joshua's best weight range according to McCracken here.

Comment

Personally think Joshua should change his weight depending on opponent. The weight he was against Ruiz would be too light against some fighters

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Relax, Wilder isn't going to be getting any more $100million offers to fight AJ for you to worry about.
            Regardless of how the whole offer/rejection situation went down... It's a tired debate at this point, AJ would only be leaving the ring one way in a fight with Wikder...on his back. That's painfully obvious. Hus chin isn't avoiding that right hand for 12 rounds. Yeah, they'll protect AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Tman500 View Post
              Regardless of how the whole offer/rejection situation went down... It's a tired debate at this point, AJ would only be leaving the ring one way in a fight with Wikder...on his back. That's painfully obvious. Hus chin isn't avoiding that right hand for 12 rounds. Yeah, they'll protect AJ.
              I don't think AJ would need to avoid Wilder's right hand for 12 rounds, only for long enough to land his own right hand or left hook on Wilder's chin. They can each KO the other if they land clean, but AJ is the better boxer. That gives him the advantage, in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                I don't think AJ would need to avoid Wilder's right hand for 12 rounds, only for long enough to land his own right hand or left hook on Wilder's chin. They can each KO the other if they land clean, but AJ is the better boxer. That gives him the advantage, in my book.
                Joshua doesn't have the head/body reflexes of Fury - so he won't be ducking and making Wilder miss wildly like Fury did.

Instead, when Wilder throws the jab I think we'll see AJ leap backward like he did with Parker. If that's the case he'll never be consistently close enough to Wilder to land a string of tko inducing blows.

Wilder will gain confidence in that way and start to cut off the ring and throwing more straight rights. One will connect.

The only way I can see for AJ to beat that scenario is for him to up his cardio even more and throw machine-gun jabs to the body and head to halt Wilder in his tracks. They should start preparing for that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tman500 View Post
                  Yeah if AJ is deathly afraid of Ruiz and his average 60% tko rate he would turn into road runner against Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    Joshua doesn't have the head/body reflexes of Fury - so he won't be ducking and making Wilder miss wildly like Fury did.

Instead, when Wilder throws the jab I think we'll see AJ leap backward like he did with Parker. If that's the case he'll never be consistently close enough to Wilder to land a string of tko inducing blows.

Wilder will gain confidence in that way and start to cut off the ring and throwing more straight rights. One will connect.

The only way I can see for AJ to beat that scenario is for him to up his cardio even more and throw machine-gun jabs to the body and head to halt Wilder in his tracks. They should start preparing for that now.
                    Wilder got busted up by Duhaupus, wobbled by Molina, and tagged with multiple long punches by old man Ortiz.

AJ is younger, faster, and more aggressive than any of those 3. And trust me, he hits hard enough to not need to be perfect for 12 rounds to beat Wilder. One clean punch from AJ could end Wilder, just like one clean punch from Wilder could end him.

Comment

Working...
                    X