No announcement yet.

Why Golovkin IS Avoiding The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Golovkin IS Avoiding The Rematch

When you take everything into account, it's pretty clear that Triple G is no longer interested in meeting Canelo in the ring.

This was pretty evident by the language used by Golovkin after finding out about the failed tests. He called Canelo a cheat and tried to call his whole career into question. Then, on top of that bad feeling, he is asking for a renegotiation that translates into at least an extra 10 million dollars.

No one should expect an extra 10 million simply because they had to wait a few months for a big payday.

It's not like I am this huge Canelo fan, but I know bullcrap when I see it, and Golovkin is full of it here.

He is looking for a way out.

And BTW, if someone is maintaining they are innocent, saying that the positive test was an accident- and apparently taking the steps to have hair sample testing and entering a 24/7/365 testing program- wouldn't renegotiating an already agreed upon contract be interpreted by some as a tacit admission of wrongdoing?

Golovkin has to know that, given Canelo's position on what happened, HE CAN'T RENEGOTIATE WITHOUT SOME SEEING IT AS KNOWLEDGE OF GUILT.

Again, this is why it has to be Golovkin's fault.

I know some will see different, and that's OK.

Just be sure to back your rebuttals with sound reasoning and facts.

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    When you take everything into account, it's pretty clear that Triple G is no longer interested in meeting Canelo in the ring.

This was pretty evident by the language used by Golovkin after finding out about the failed tests. He called Canelo a cheat and tried to call his whole career into question. Then, on top of that bad feeling, he is asking for a renegotiation that translates into at least an extra 10 million dollars.

No one should expect an extra 10 million simply because they had to wait a few months for a big payday.

It's not like I am this huge Canelo fan, but I know bullcrap when I see it, and Golovkin is full of it here.

He is looking for a way out.

And BTW, if someone is maintaining they are innocent, saying that the positive test was an accident- and apparently taking the steps to have hair sample testing and entering a 24/7/365 testing program- wouldn't renegotiating an already agreed upon contract be interpreted by some as a tacit admission of wrongdoing?

Golovkin has to know that, given Canelo's position on what happened, HE CAN'T RENEGOTIATE WITHOUT SOME SEEING IT AS KNOWLEDGE OF GUILT.

Again, this is why it has to be Golovkin's fault.

I know some will see different, and that's OK.

Just be sure to back your rebuttals with sound reasoning and facts.
    The only agreed upon contract that GGG and Canelo ever had was the one that Canelo broke by failing a PED test then withdrawing from the May 5th fight.

GGG has every right to ask for a 50/50 split for the new date. He's the champion, he will most likely lose his IBF belt if the rematch happens, and the first fight sold 1.3 million PPVs - which is about 1 million more than Canelo would sell against anybody not named Golovkin or Saunders.

And trust me - Canelo won't fight BJS.

Comment

He is not avoiding the rematch at all...

The Rematch was signed for May 5th, then Canelo failed a PED test and withdrew from the fight.

If anyone avoided the rematch its Canelo

Comment

why would 36 year old ggg not want the biggest payday of his career? at this point even if he loses, he can cash out and hang em up.

Comment

Canelo clearly doesn't care about his reputation among diehards because he always has the Mexican fanbase who will forgive him. Thats why I thought GGG should tell Canelo to f-ck off and just spend the rest of his career calling Canelo a cheater and using that to boost his stock.

Canelo is never going to give him 50/50 and IMO testing positive doesn't suddenly make GGG his equal. I wouldn't call it avoiding the rematch if GGG doesn't fight Canelo. I would call it GGG giving up a payday to stand on principle because that is the only way Canelo gets any "punishment" for his actions.

No matter how we all slice it the truth is Canelo testing positive will likely not hurt him long term.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            The only agreed upon contract that GGG and Canelo ever had was the one that Canelo broke by failing a PED test then withdrawing from the May 5th fight.

GGG has every right to ask for a 50/50 split for the new date. He's the champion, he will most likely lose his IBF belt if the rematch happens, and the first fight sold 1.3 million PPVs - which is about 1 million more than Canelo would sell against anybody not named Golovkin or Saunders.

GGG can barely do 100k PPV buys without canelo

Canelo is the bigger star and brings in way more revenue. Asking for a 50/50 split is laughable and just insane.

SO blame GGG and his team

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
              GGG can barely do 100k PPV buys without canelo

Canelo is the bigger star and brings in way more revenue. Asking for a 50/50 split is laughable and just insane.

SO blame GGG and his team
              I hate this but Golovkin does x amount of ppv's and yet he's partly responsible for Canelo's second biggest ppv event of his career. Hell the number for their fight beat Cotto's numbers and Cotto got a hell of a lot of money for it. People act like Canelo can just fight anyone and do 1 million ppv buys, sorry it doesn't work that way. The opponent pays a very very very big part in how a ppv performs as evidenced by the fact it's the second biggest ppv event of his career. I would say if they offerd 5% more or so, that's at least trying to make the fight. Saying we are holding you to the rematch clause when you couldn't hold up the end of the deal on your end is trash.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                I hate this but Golovkin does x amount of ppv's and yet he's partly responsible for Canelo's second biggest ppv event of his career. Hell the number for their fight beat Cotto's numbers and Cotto got a hell of a lot of money for it. People act like Canelo can just fight anyone and do 1 million ppv buys, sorry it doesn't work that way. The opponent pays a very very very big part in how a ppv performs as evidenced by the fact it's the second biggest ppv event of his career. I would say if they offerd 5% more or so, that's at least trying to make the fight. Saying we are holding you to the rematch clause when you couldn't hold up the end of the deal on your end is trash.
                Yes the opponet plays an important part in PPV buys which is why GGG can barely do 100k without canelo

Be honest, GGG is in no position to ask for a 50/50 split. That is ridiculous. Canelo is clearly more popular and brings in more revenue, therefore he gets the bigger split.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

trust me.....ggg won't fight billy Joe Saunders either if he wanted to unify he would have fought him long ago bjs has the last belt...but oh wait a minute he is chasing canelo for that payday...ggg might have all the belts and be the champion but he will always be a 1 maybe 2 million dollar fighter..

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                    Yes the opponet plays an important part in PPV buys which is why GGG can barely do 100k without canelo

Be honest, GGG is in no position to ask for a 50/50 split. That is ridiculous. Canelo is clearly more popular and brings in more revenue, therefore he gets the bigger split.
                    How many did Canelo do with Khan? Kirkland went basic cable route. Liam Smith? Let's not act like he can just put up huge numbers on his own. There's a reason why he needed Cotto, Chavez Jr and Golovkin. He can't do numbers against just anyone. It takes two. I don't discuss money, you can go through my history I hate talking about purses or A-Side/B-Side bull****. I will make an exception and say he's worth whatever he feels he's worth. As I just finished explaining Canelo bringing in more revenue/popular is a matter of perspective. If he's so big and popular then let Canelo go fight Spike on PPV and let's see those numbers.

Comment

Working...
                    X