Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ made more money against Parker than Wilder's 40 pro purses combined.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    So as a fan are you disappointed in Wilders rejection of the deal given he said previously he'll accept anything and he doesn't care about the money?
    The ones that type the “I don’t care what they make” usually care more about it. If we drop it on the table like it is then the offer made to Wilder should be enough to get the fight on.

Comment

So as a fan are you disappointed in Wilders rejection of the deal given he said previously he'll accept anything and he doesn't care about the money?
      did he reject it?????? was that 12% real???????

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
        did he reject it?????? was that 12% real???????
        Was it 12%? You do know the fighters don't make 100% of the revenue for a fight right? Hearn is rich as **** and lives in a giant mansion in one of the most expensive cities in the world. He makes money sometimes.

Comment

Was it 12%? You do know the fighters don't make 100% of the revenue for a fight right? Hearn is rich as **** and lives in a giant mansion in one of the most expensive cities in the world. He makes money sometimes.
          im just asking if the offer was really made to wilder for 12% that was my question. and did wilder reject it. I hear they sent it to him and gave him 48 hours to accept. hell they even negotiated with parker and eventually reached a deal. I think the man deserves the right to negotiate but hey it is what it is.

Comment

So. Fanboys care about that crap. Just make the fight

Comment

But he should give up that position he earned himself, and throw money at the guys who's not a draw...or he's ducking. Apparently.

I get the ''who cares what the split is'' talk. As I'm in the same boat, I just want to see good fights. Split talk is dull.
              But that's not how it works from a fighter's point of view. Never was, never will be.

It's also not gone un-noticed that guys who told GGG & Pac to take the flat fee offered or they were ducks, don't apply the same rules to other fighters. (That's not aimed at anyone in this thread by the way, I interact with a lot of boxing talk on Twitter these days. Why? god only knows).

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                im just asking if the offer was really made to wilder for 12% that was my question. and did wilder reject it. I hear they sent it to him and gave him 48 hours to accept. hell they even negotiated with parker and eventually reached a deal. I think the man deserves the right to negotiate but hey it is what it is.
                Apparently it was $12.5m which would be well above 12% of what the fighters would be splitting. If they are indeed splitting $100m then 50% goes to the venue, promoters etc; and 50% to the fights so Joshua would be getting 38% then.

I think the fight will happen. I've always maintained that it will for certain be signed by the end of this year but now I'm thinking it's happening this year. This isn't the first time a fight has been negotiated so I'm patient and know the process. Seems most here don't understand deals need to be made to make fights and sometimes they start miles apart before agreeing.

I get that Wilder deserves the fight but I'm just saying that's not consistent with what he and his fans say. He said he doesn't care about the money and will sign to fight in a heartbeat and his fans said who cares about the money we just want to see the fight but now he's apparently the one that's declining the opening offer and his fans are the one's concerned with the purses.

Comment

I am thinking about it and I don't think it's true. If AJ can't offer Wilder at least a 65/35 split in his favor then he doesn't want to fight Wilder even in England. 12.5 million is an insulting offer team AJ knew would be turned down. Until he makes Wilder a fair offer I consider him a chicken champion no matter how popular he is in the UK or how much money he makes every fight.

Comment

Apparently it was $12.5m which would be well above 12% of what the fighters would be splitting. If they are indeed splitting $100m then 50% goes to the venue, promoters etc; and 50% to the fights so Joshua would be getting 38% then.

I think the fight will happen. I've always maintained that it will for certain be signed by the end of this year but now I'm thinking it's happening this year. This isn't the first time a fight has been negotiated so I'm patient and know the process. Seems most here don't understand deals need to be made to make fights and sometimes they start miles apart before agreeing.

I get that Wilder deserves the fight but I'm just saying that's not consistent with what he and his fans say. He said he doesn't care about the money and will sign to fight in a heartbeat and his fans said who cares about the money we just want to see the fight but now he's apparently the one that's declining the opening offer and his fans are the one's concerned with the purses.
                    I am not a Wilder fan at all but fair is fair and right is right. 12.5 million flat fee is an insulting offer when AJ will end up making probably 4 times that much. Khan got 13 million for fighting Canelo in a much smaller non title fight. If he offers Wilder a 65/35 split in his favor that might be a reasonable offer. Whenever the A side offers the B side a flat fee instead of a percentage on these monster fights it's rip off time. Mayweather tried to rip off Pacquiao with a flat fee and Oscar tried to rip off GGG with a flat fee. Pacquiao and GGG made much more money by refusing the flat fee that was way too low. Wilder should also refuse. Just because Wilder said he doesn't care about the money doesn't make it true. Of course he cares about the money. He fights for a living and wants to get fairly paid and he should be fairly paid. 12.5 million is not fair pay for this huge fight with Wilder's title on the line.

Comment

Mcgregor made more in his debut than SRR did in his whole life.

Conor > SRR.

It's science.

Comment

Working...
                      X