No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Responds To Errol Spence's Stance on Promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    He has done a good job with Lomachenko but he's nowhere near PPV ready. The only PPV fight he has on the horizon is Mikey Garcia, another Haymon fighter. Putting Crawford on HBO PPV against Postol is not a good job. Putting Crawford on ESPN + is not a good job. Not getting Crawford the Pacquiao fight is not a good job. He's giving that fight to Lomachenko instead

It's not spin it's the truth.
    He's not giving Lomachenko anything, Pac and his team didn't want any part of Crawford at this point in his career. They know he can't beat him. They think lomachenko is too small and they think they can win that fight, that's the only reason they're interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
      Spence also got a back-end check because Man Down was a co-promoter....so maybe not.
      I can only go by reported purses. I have no idea what anyone gets behind the scenes. Maybe Crawford got another 20k in merchandise sales lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        I can only go by reported purses. I have no idea what anyone gets behind the scenes. Maybe Crawford got another 20k in merchandise sales lol.
        You're right, but don't forget, out of that 3 mil, Crawford also has to pay Arum his cut....whereas Errol actually gets another check.

Things are not always what they appear to be on the surface. I think the kid is doing just fine. He just needs these other "elite" welters to step up to the plate. The other elite welters, with the exception of Crawford, are all Haymon guys. What Errol gets, by signing with Oscar of all people, I'm still scratching my head at.

Comment

He's not giving Lomachenko anything, Pac and his team didn't want any part of Crawford at this point in his career. They know he can't beat him. They think lomachenko is too small and they think they can win that fight, that's the only reason they're interested.
          Pac said he would fight Crawford for his usual $20 mil. Arum said he wouldn't pay it. That's called an investment in a fighter. Bud's stock would be significantly higher with a win over Pac. But he's going to make that investment into Lomachenko

Comment

Crawford's reported purse to the commission was 1.75 mil. So he got some extra money through some revenue I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by filup79 View Post
              Crawford's reported purse to the commission was 1.75 mil. So he got some extra money through some revenue I guess.
              I think Horn got that 1.75. Crawford got 3
              According to fat dan anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Pac said he would fight Crawford for his usual $20 mil. Arum said he wouldn't pay it. That's called an investment in a fighter. Bud's stock would be significantly higher with a win over Pac. But he's going to make that investment into Lomachenko
                Well that was a couple years back I think. There have been numerous reports of Koncz and Roach not wanting to fight Crawford. I'm not saying Pac himself wouldn't fight him but his team won't sacrifice him. Arum would have in a heartbeat if it wouldn't have cost him 20 million. Arum knows the game, you build a big star by passing the torch from the star of the previous generation. I'm sure he would have loved nothing more than for Crawford to take that torch and run with it.

Comment

I think Horn got that 1.75. Crawford got 3
                  According to fat dan anyways.
                  You're listening to what Arum told Dan to say. His reported purse was $1.75 mil. Dan is the one that threw in he's guaranteed to make $3 mil. Notice he doesn't throw that caveat in when he reports other purses. He'll simply report what's given to the commission

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                    You're right, but don't forget, out of that 3 mil, Crawford also has to pay Arum his cut....whereas Errol actually gets another check.

Things are not always what they appear to be on the surface. I think the kid is doing just fine. He just needs these other "elite" welters to step up to the plate. The other elite welters, with the exception of Crawford, are all Haymon guys. What Errol gets, by signing with Oscar of all people, I'm still scratching my head at.
                    Yeah I don't think he will need any help either of those guys decide to ever fight him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mvooom View Post
                      Again you missed it.

Canelo is hyped up as the new son of Mexico but you can't name another GB fighter that is a PPV star. Hey you can't even name any other fighter apart from AJ that is a PPV star.

Promoters are great but with Spence, he can't be a PPV star no matter which promoter he is with except he changes his character or some superstar enemy comes along.

As your list of fighters go, who can Spence fight? Canelo got most of the big name fights like Cotto, Mosley cuz he was fighting under Floyd's card which made him popular then he fought floyd, add that to the whole Mexico son ish.

Where are the other fighters with promoters? None of them are PPV stars not even GGG who has been linked to Canelo and Cotto even Froch.

Ward came on because of his character, similar to Spence and Crawford. Very tough for those kind of guys without a country backing or big name enemy to make it as a PPV star.

A fighter like Broner or Khan? Yes. With their mouths, they just need a promoter who would give them perfect match making.
                      Nah son, you're moving the fùcking goal posts with this PPV garbage. Look at my original post.

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                      Spence has been a pro for 6 years roughly so lets look at a side-by-side comparison of 6 years in the pro game for Spence aand Oscar.

Oscar De La Hoya:
                      Jorge Paez
                      John John Molina
                      Rafael Ruelas
                      Genaro Hernandez
                      Jesse James Leija
                      Julio Cesar Chavez 2x
                      Miguel Angel Gonzalez
                      Pernell Whitaker
                      Hector Camacho
                      Wilfredo Rivera

Errol Spence Jr.
                      Chris van Heerden
                      Chris Algieri
                      Kell Brook
                      Lamont Peterson

Spence turned pro late at 22 and is 28 now so lets flash forward to who else Oscar fought by the time he was 28.

Ike Quartey
                      Oba Carr
                      Felix Trinidad
                      Shane Mosely
                      Arturo Gatti
                      Castillejo

It's pretty clear Spence is being mishandled. The reason why Oscar is a legend is because he had a good promoter that made great fights. Spence has a few years left before he starts declining.
                      Do you see the word PPV anywhere in that post? No, so don't be moving the goal post. I'm not even sure I said PPV in this entire thread. If you want to debate, stick to the topic. Don't switch it up and say I missed it.

I'll have a look at some data and kick another field goal into your moved goal post, but I'm really having a hard time finding info on PPV buys by year so we'll come back to that later.

The meat on the bone here is Spence is fighting garbage opponents and is being mishandled. Reiterating, by the time Oscar was at this point in his career of years pro and years of age as previously indicated, his level of opposition was leagues beyond where Spence is at.

The reason why Oscar had so many great fights by this point is because he was being PROMOTED by TOP RANK.

The reason why Canelo has fought so many great opponents is because he's being PROMOTED by GBP.

We're all on the same team here and want to see good fights. The only difference is I'm throwig touchdowns and you're throwing pom poms. I want to see Spence against great opponents. I've been watching Spence for 8-9 years since the Am's and been hyping this kid up. Cats are like, who's that namsayin?

He's been pro long enough and needs to get off the bum of the month club.

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      In the last 3 years, who was Spence supposed to fight that were the caliber and popularity of the 6 opponents you mentioned for DLH. Also, you arbitrarily declared that he should be fighting at 160 when the guy who cleaned out 160 over the last 3 years isn't a big ppv star and has a promoter. Has context lost its value.
                      Anybody with a pulse? Lets not bring other fightrers into the discussion. Weak deflection on your part. Speaking of context eh? Don't bounce around, stick to the topic. What about this guy, what about that guy, fùck those guys, lets talk about THIS guy.

Don't get it twisted, I like Spence, I'm just saying he's being mishandled.

Despite blue chip posts with solid data/sources you guys get so butthurt if someone doesn't slurp your mans nuts.

Why are y'all so deeply invested to the point of lunacy? Y'all related to Spence or something? Shít is annoying.

Comment

Working...
                      X