Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which belt is most prestigious in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Belt that holds up Fat Dan's pants should be p4p champ, ain't none of us want to see what down there

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      a dozen members of the ring ratings advisory board said golden boy had corrupted the ratings and they turned in their resignations in protest. that is why tbrb was formed.
      I think most would agree ring rankings are better than all the others which their rankings do you disagree with?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Why do you pick the WBC??? just curious
        Tradition. Plus the WBA lost prestige with all those silver-wood-rubber super ultra double interim champ titles.

Then you have the IBF which is still viewed by an alphabet belt by some and the WBO which I still don't take seriously for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          I'm talking actual belts which one is the most prestigious?
          The WBC belt.

Comment

The Ring Belt. There's only one Tyson Fury!!!!

Comment

I'd say the ring...

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
                The Ring Belt. There's only one Tyson Fury!!!!
                Yeah.. people get confused how many people are actually inside that fat slob body of his..

Comment

I voted the WBC but they suck almost as bad as the other 3. They gave us washed up boxers like Guerrero fighting for vacant titles. The belt that really means the most is all 4 belts. The alphabet groups have rules that make that damn near impossible. Only Crawford has done it but GGG is trying like hell to get it done. All we need is a Saunders vs GGG fight and one of them should be a unified champ. Wilder vs AJ would gives use another but that would still be only 2 of the 17 weight classes unified. That's the way the alphabet groups like it.

Comment

WBA

It's the oldest and most storied title all the rest are the new guys. Every legendary champion held the WBA belt up until the 90s when the proliferation of straps became epidemic.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      True but most agree with ring rankings I wish they went back to #1 v #2 for a vacant belt but at least the rankings are honest
                      I would trust TBRB rankings over Ring rankings since TBRB is just the people who were making the Ring rankings before Golden Boy started corrupting the rules and rankings.

We know for a fact HBO's lead promoter owns Ring and has selectively enforced rules and invented rules to benefit HBO and harm SHO.

People used to depend on Ring to offer independent fair ratings. They can't offer that anymore as they're no longer independent and they've already been exposed for breaking their promise to not interfere.

What Ring used to be = TBRB now. It's just a different name, but it's the same people who did the Ring rankings before Ring was ruined.

Comment

Working...
                      X