No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Withdraws From Golovkin Rematch on May 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NotaPachugger View Post
    Sue lol GGG *****ed out and yelled out so loud the commission had no choice to act and Clenelo had to pull out. Dummy cried foul in such ugly fashion he lost his large payday . Percentage is so low Clenelo is only guilty of being irresponsible.
    Since you can't read I guess I'll tell you again. He tested positive twice for Clen and the levels were not low. They were way higher than previous athletes who got suspended or fined. Learn to read.

Comment

• What other choice did Canelo have other than withdrawing. The fight was pretty much off anyways. I don't see the big deal. Only thing to see now is how long Canelo will be suspended for.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        Except that now GGG gets to sue Canelo for breach of contract.

There is also legal precedent.

After Guillermo Jones failed his drug test in the lead up to his 2014 rematch with Denis Lebedev, Lebedev sued for lost purse and expenses, and was awarded $2 million dollars in damages.

Deontay Wilder also sued Alexander Povetkin for his failed drug test in the lead up to their fight.

Wilder won $4.5 million in damages, the full amount of his purse.

Canelo will have little chance in winning as the case history has shown, and Golovkin will most likely end up being awarded damages in the full amount of his purse also.

Golden Boy probably has an insurance policy that covers eventualities like this, so unfortunately, it probably wont be Canelo who is out of pocket for the $15m.

If it does come out of Canelos pocket, he will learn a very expensive lesson in professionalism.
        Wouldn't surprise me if a 'no lawsuit' clause was part of the negotiations for any fight they might have in September, and GGG makes good that way by getting a bigger cut in return.

Comment

• Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
          No, first here is my belt. Then steroids, clen and pulling out. Very sad for boxing.
          Very true. I stand corrected ha

Comment

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
            What other choice did Canelo have other than withdrawing. The fight was pretty much off anyways. I don't see the big deal. Only thing to see now is how long Canelo will be suspended for.
            It seems like they somehow think by him pulling out of the fight and claiming innocence before the commission suspended him and cancelled the fight themselves that he's saving face with fans .

Truth is, any fan with a brain knows he cheated and probably has before and just hasn't been caught until now. They thought nothing would come of it and that's what it looked like until GGG stwwrted complaining about **** a few weeks ago.

If there was any way for the commission to sweep it under the rug and the fight to go on, they would have made that happen 100%.

Canelo has had a silver spoon in his mouth since he came on the scene with dodgy judging and favoritism by the crooked azz WBC. He gets what he deserved April 18th. Hopefully they send a message and ban him 1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
              P.ussies are breathing a sigh of relief! KO of a bum is immanent.

Canelo spared them a humiliating loss.
              Like the first fight? That's what I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Not a shot stupid as clowns like you claiming it's GGG's fault lmao
                You fuccing lame! I never said it was Triple g's fault! How can it be his fault?? He did nothing wrong!
                Are you fuccing stupid??

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Excellent. At least now there are 4 weeks until fight time. There's a chance they'll get a decent replacement.
                  It's hard to find any big names who would accept the fight in 4 weeks notice. Probably he will be fighting someone ranked rather below.

Comment

• Exactly so many drama queen GGG fans. Sad they are lost Mexican Americans wearing Mexican paraphernalia. At least Pac fans are loyal to their blood. GGG did not display Mexican style in 1st Canelo fight. Abel Sanchez selling snake oil (Chocolatito and lower case ggg) He lost right to caps the feline way he responded to test results . What was the sense, what did ggg want .......A way out !!!!!
                    Plus he will be sued for defamation of character once it comes out it was just the meat. So what we learned Canelo is irresponsible and should be fined and suspended. ggg must fear Canelo to a degree as his response was that of a scorned woman.
                    Last edited by NotaPachugger; 04-03-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      It seems like they somehow think by him pulling out of the fight and claiming innocence before the commission suspended him and cancelled the fight themselves that he's saving face with fans .

Truth is, any fan with a brain knows he cheated and probably has before and just hasn't been caught until now. They thought nothing would come of it and that's what it looked like until GGG stwwrted complaining about **** a few weeks ago.

If there was any way for the commission to sweep it under the rug and the fight to go on, they would have made that happen 100%.

Canelo has had a silver spoon in his mouth since he came on the scene with dodgy judging and favoritism by the crooked azz WBC. He gets what he deserved April 18th. Hopefully they send a message and ban him 1 year.
                      Meh Canelo is super young

He’ll be fine for a year

This has probably brought him more noteriety (granted its bad press) but hey any free publicity is good publicity

Comment

Working...
                      X