No announcement yet.

Thurman landed more punches than Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman landed more punches than Pacquiao

He landed more power punches AND more total punches than PAC.

Yet he still lost and rightfully so.

Which will hopefully be a lesson to the people that always want to score a fight with CompuBox. Spoon23 I'm looking squarely in your direction.

Compubox or whatever fox version was garbage tonight lol. OP is right to watch the fights with your eyes.

For example, in the co main u have Ugas beating up figureou for 12 rds. Yet at the end fig ends up with “160 punches” landed and you would think he was somewhat in the fight. Compubox is a nice stat to accompany the viewing experience but has and always will be subjective

Comment

lol There's a lesson to be learned never to trust Compubox as I've always been saying.

This proves it again.

Pac connected more the whole night lmao

You only have to see Thurman's busted up face to see who connected more.

The face of a beaten man.

@ 6:39 that is a busted up bruised up face Keith.

Last edited by Spoon23; 07-21-2019, 02:52 AM.

Comment

compubox favor thurman... i'll wait for spoon to come out with the slow mo round by round punch count.

Comment

Tonight was one of the worst i have seen in terms of the punch stats, they were totally wrong, it was clear if you were watching. Some people will watch and see this and think Thurman won fair and square based on the stats if they are morons.

Comment

The commentators were sucking Manny's little Asian dick the whole time. I'm sure it looked like Thurman won if there was no sound on.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              He landed more power punches AND more total punches than PAC.

Yet he still lost and rightfully so.

Which will hopefully be a lesson to the people that always want to score a fight with CompuBox. Spoon23 I'm looking squarely in your direction.
              Yeah, I argued for the CompuBox scoring of fights for a long time but you're right. It's not about the numbers. Just wanted an objective way to score fights without all the controversy but hell, there would be controversy then too. Best to stick with it and hope the judges get it right.

Comment

I don’t care if Thurman landed more.
                Pac landed the punches that mattered, PERIOD.
                Experience beat youth tonight.
                It was a boxing lesson on movement.
                Thurman is done as well. He also showed no heart.
                He never took the fight to Pac for any length of time.
                That’s not the same One time that was hungry before the injury. If he continues he will get KO ‘d badly by Spence.

Comment

Thurman landed a lot of punches too so I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

I agree, that Pac ate way too many clean punches in this fight; I thought Keith beat Manny up and predicted an easy win for Pac but was wrong. Thurman made it a close fight; A fight that was a lot closer than I expected.

Moreover, I thought he hurt and rocked Pac several times; Especially in the second half of the fight as Pac was gassing but just didn't have enough mustard to put him away.

I am not naive or stupid. I knew that Team Pac took the Thurman fight only because they knew he was no longer prime.

Had he been prime then they wouldn't have taken the fight in the first place. They made a very smart business move and the right call.

Comment

Working...
                    X