No announcement yet.

An interesting Sports Illustrated article about Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    You can kindly remove yourself from this thread, go jerk off to some Ward videos, and one day teach your son to be a real man and hit guys in the nuts during confrontations, just like your idol does. And grab a tissue for your tears on the way out.
    ... don't mind, doe... but Ward holds no guilt on this matter -- everybody knew how he fights, Kov included...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      i know you so badly want to make that the narrative but its simply not true. all the times he was hurt to the body were definitely low blows. the last 3 were low we have the video. its strange to keep saying they weren't. are you just on an agenda like a pathetic trumpist who ignores reality clinging to their failed narrative and hoping that saying the same thing over and voer will make it true? this video is proof positive those blows were low and the fight was stopped unjustly as well as showing all the other "body shots" as what they were. low. low blows are illegal in boxing. calling a boxer a quitter because their opponent broke the rules and had a corrupt ref? now that's "low"

Good vid didn't even notice Marquez low blows you could tell he knew what he was doing with those shots.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Wow, Andre Ward ruined Kovalev's life, how sad -- but then again its not, he managed to escape death and has been awarded the WBO title because S.O.G retired, now his boogieman has vanished and Kovi can continue his career as champion....whats wrong with this guy? things could be so much worse ; OK now I'm starting to feel upset because I cant stand cry-babies, why did I even come in here?
        Kovalev is a coward plain and simple. He found a way out of the fight by faking low blows and couldn't tale the heat Ward was bringing. Not to mentioned he was put on queer street by a brutal right handed which ended the fight. Ward figured out Kovalev's telegraphed stance switches and punished him for being a dumbass.

Comment

i know you so badly want to make that the narrative but its simply not true. all the times he was hurt to the body were definitely low blows. the last 3 were low we have the video. its strange to keep saying they weren't. are you just on an agenda like a pathetic trumpist who ignores reality clinging to their failed narrative and hoping that saying the same thing over and voer will make it true? this video is proof positive those blows were low and the fight was stopped unjustly as well as showing all the other "body shots" as what they were. low. low blows are illegal in boxing. calling a boxer a quitter because their opponent broke the rules and had a corrupt ref? now that's "low"

... OK, OK... but this thread is about Kovalev's drinking problem and his awful shape, not about Ward -- who fought as he always did...
          Last edited by MDPopescu; 11-22-2017, 05:28 AM. Reason: ...

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
            Kovalev is a coward plain and simple. He found a way out of the fight by faking low blows and couldn't tale the heat Ward was bringing. Not to mentioned he was put on queer street by a brutal right handed which ended the fight. Ward figured out Kovalev's telegraphed stance switches and punished him for being a dumbass.
            Haha whaaat? Ward headbutted Kovalev in the nuts and punched him low throughout the fight and that right did not end the fight. That right was followed by a jab from Kovalev and a clinch from Ward... Three shots low and one of the worst referees ended the fight.

Comment

What kills your argument is the blows i was talking about. Even in the video they said they were borderline. But nah, according to you every single body blow was low . He doubled over from legal blows, that's when he was ready to quit

Comment

Damn Ward got Kov changing his life out here for the better. Salute SOG and KOV.

Comment

#Wardruinslives

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyboyReturns View Post
                    #Wardruinslives
                    #KovalevRetiredWard

Comment

I guess everyone missed the point of the article. He was undisciplined as a fighter. Yeah he did well for being undisciplined but when you face someone as good as Ward, that kind of work ethic won't work. I wish him luck in his quest to change his life but I'm not sure you can make those kinds of adjustments at his age. Especially when all he has is that one black mark.

Comment

Working...
                      X